AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land planes... levelers... floats... Arkansas or Mississippi guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Detroit
Posted 2/1/2010 00:10 (#1052007 - in reply to #1051761)
Subject: Re: Land planes... levelers... floats... Arkansas or Mississippi guys

Crawfordsville, Arkansas
Yep there's lots of them around me. Not a lot of the Purdy type machines though. We have a big Purdy and had a smaller Scott bridge type leveler but that thing was so wore out that I gave it to a neighbor. Tried selling it but never got any takers. In the early 2000's we farmed 2 different places 50 miles apart. I brought the Scott home one day and made it about halfway before disaster struck. I had pulled off the road in a farmers lot to clean my windows and started back into the road when the left front wheel assembly broke clean off! About that same time I saw my father coming up the road with a Donahue trailer carrying something. Turned out to be the center blade off the leveler. It had broke off about 10 miles back... We gathered up the pieces and came on home. I missed out on going back to fix it and bring it on home. Turned out that was good because it made it about 10 more miles then the back half knocked down a mailbox and a little further drug up some rocks in the road and knocked out the front windshield in a womans brand new car. I swear that Scott landplane had it out for us! My neighbor came and got it and hasn't moved it since. That was well over 4 years ago. As long as he doesn't bring it back I'm happy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)