AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land planes... levelers... floats... Arkansas or Mississippi guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Delta
Posted 2/1/2010 00:09 (#1052004 - in reply to #1051576)
Subject: Re: Land planes... levelers... floats... Arkansas or Mississippi guys

Mississippi
David I went looking for a simple fix to upkeep of in furrow irrigated land that could also improve rougher ground, I spent years building catfish ponds so buckets are familiar and have repaired our old reynolds plane till its more patch than machine. To the point I searched the archives on this site and found PurdyMfg in Dewitt Arkansas. I went over and met with the owner Randy Purdy who was decked out in a fire suit fabricating a P-30 when I arrived. He is a good man and builds a plane for a lifetime. He has delivered them all over the country and internationally. 3 18inch deep blades up to 22 ft wide all turn under for 12 ft transport. turn blades at 90' with deep cut and use all the horses you can find. Or angle the blades and shallow up the cut and a sub 200 hp unit will get along fine. My p30 is being built now and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I wanted something that wouldnt be warped and scrap yard bound anytime soon, I got the 60 ft model ( he has made a few 80 ft) weighs 18000 lb under $2,00/lb. My good friends with rice fields use this machine to take out the levees. You can put gps unit on it but its very effective thanks to its size with the mechanical control. You don't need yield mapping to see water problems too much and not enough that can be fixed with a big screed. Good luck contact me if you want to follow up after we drag it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)