AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

f350 7.3 gas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 12/5/2023 05:30 (#10510648 - in reply to #10510624)
Subject: RE: f350 7.3 gas

jd4930 - 12/5/2023 03:26

Tazzerblue - 12/4/2023 22:38

You better ask a Diesel owner what their actual mpg is!! A lot better????? DON'T THINK SO... I have a 2021 Dodge 2500 cc 4x4 with 6.4 Hemi, and 6'4" box Shorter trips in the 12-13 range. I was surprised this summer, Running on I 80 across IA into IN. I hand checked 2 times. 16.3 and 16.4 Hmm.. This was with the tail gate down as I had a head adapter laying in the box. This was on factory tires with 35,000 miles on them.

Fake news, if I've learned anything on agtalk it's that evening gets 21-24mpg with their diesel pickups......except me lol

Boy O'Boy I agree with you 110%! I just got rid of 2019' F-350 diesel. Warranty was off, not going to live my fear of the DEF system. Tired of having to treat fuel. We are down to one diesel pickup, a 2001 Dodge, everyone and their dogs wants to buy it. As soon as we can it will be down the road. They all have served us well over the years, but the gassers of today will pull right with them. Everyone thinks we're crazy, but costs of servicing them to treating fuel, let alone price of onhighway fuel. Dollars and cents better to run gas. Plus we have a high rate of DOT cops on the Idaho side, we have always run clear fuel in them, not worth the risk to us.

I've seen two farms I know got busted in the early years, I got enough problems in life, don't need that one.

Ranch down the road from us has had their 2022' Chevy in shop now for 3 weeks. Truck has 18,000 miles. Particulate filter plugged, blew air hoses off. Don't know when they will get parts. One cowboy screwed up and and put DEF in that truck, they realized what they did and didn't start it.

We helped pump tank, then took tank off cleaned it. Put back on. Guy was talking on phone, and messed up at fillup. My motto was Go DEF Free by 23'.

We will be looking at the big Ford passers when we buy again.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 12/5/2023 05:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)