AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best transportation option to tow behind equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

john holland
Posted 12/4/2023 17:49 (#10510039)
Subject: Best transportation option to tow behind equipment

SE MN
I would like to have a "runner" vehicle that can be towed behind equipment so you can move equipment around alone. It will need to drive 10 miles on gravel roads and it should be safe and easy for the older folks. Right now I am set on a gator. We have one and it has been easy and cheap to work on and does everything pretty well. In addition to running it would get used for fencing and cattle checking, picking rocks, hauling tools. If I was going to get a side by side I would get a gator. If I put a hitch on the front, will it chew the tires off after a few miles? I would have a full cab so hopefully the dust wouldn't coat the seat.

I've heard of guys putting a hitch on a pickup. That would also be an option but not as desirable to have the hitch standing up in the air when it isn't hooked up and wouldn't be able to do the fencing and rock picking and handy hauling that a gator does.

I've seen the little Japanese mini trucks, anybody put a hitch on one of those? I like the idea of that but don't know where I would get one or parts.

Any other options to pull behind? Bicycle or scooter isn't going to work because of the rough roads and older folks not being able to use them safely, also don't get the benefit of fencing and rock picking.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)