AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Removing concrete scale for grain dump pit?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Green Acres Guy
Posted 11/23/2023 09:50 (#10493440 - in reply to #10493169)
Subject: RE: Removing concrete scale for grain dump pit?

Latimer, Iowa (north central)
Yup. That’s similar to what I was thinking too. The time to upgrade your wet holding is when you are upgrading receiving. reason to stick with a leg from dump is to hit existing wet storage for flexibility. Either way I would build an entirely new dump area on opposite side of dryer as the current receiving and keep your scale intact.

Not my personal favorite but it is fairly common for guys to set up their receiving leg to also fill the dryer. Just an open k valve that will go to dryer if it needs corn or overflow to wet holding if it doesn’t. Pressure switches that will start the auger from wet bin if no corn in the pit when dryer calls for corn.

I prefer separate legs for flexibility but more cost. We run a 3 leg system, 8000 bph receiving into 50,000 wet holding with a gravity feed 400 bushel pit, 3500 bph wet leg into dryer and 3500 bph dry leg to storage. Receiving leg can also fill storage. I would not mess with moving old leg somewhere else for bean storage. Spend the money for a bin at your good site where you have infrastructure and keep your life simpler. I am also working through upgrades at a site built well in 1975.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)