AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Walk me through Deere Autopath & Data Sync
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bmatteson
Posted 11/19/2023 18:33 (#10488528 - in reply to #10487550)
Subject: RE: Walk me through Deere Autopath & Data Sync

NEND

It’s as simple as this…

You set up a receiver on whatever implement you want to use as your source path (most likely planter, but could be a fertilizer applicator/strip till machine). Once you have the source path operation loaded into Op Center, you make a setup file for the operation(s) you plan on using it for. Load the setup file into the machine you will use, and it will be available to you to choose in the Guidance line list. No boundary needed to my knowledge.

I only got it set up on my planter for the last few fields this last spring, but it worked pretty good for spraying. One thing was a bit disappointing. It randomly decides where the overlap will be in the field. I have I field that has two sides that are parallel to each other, the side that I finished planting near is the side that’s much shorter than where I started. So I overlapped my planter on that short side (which my planter shuts off the rows, so technically no overlap, but not a full pass in this shorter side of the field). Much of this field has passes that are the same length, starting from the long side. When I sprayed the field, I noticed on about the third sprayer pass, it overlapped the sprayer by just a few feet. What I figured out is it chose that place in the field to change to make it work out for full passes to the short side of the field. Maybe it wouldn’t do this if my sides weren’t parallel to each other, but I try and make the edges my fields  parallel to each other if possible, and I always go around the whole field once with the sprayer, so I tend to plant a couple passes all around the field first to have enough non-overlapping rows to follow with the sprayer. I should also point out that my sprayer is not an even multiple of my planter, it’s 2.5 times my planter width. What I’m saying is, it isn’t as smart as I’d like to see it. In the case of my field with the shorter side, it should have set me up to spray like I planted the field, overlapping on the shortest pass possible. Instead it randomly overlapped me on two passes that were the longest ones in the field. There is no control over this, it just plots all your passes for you.

Sorry if the last paragraph didn’t pertain directly to your questions, just sharing my experience with it. You probably know this, but you need the Automation activation to be able to do AutoPath. And be very careful/accurate when measuring your dimensions for the receiver on the planter. Overall, It does work pretty slick, but could use a little tweaking to make it overlap in the most efficient place.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)