AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Walk me through Deere Autopath & Data Sync
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GcDm2010
Posted 11/18/2023 23:27 (#10487614 - in reply to #10487550)
Subject: RE: Walk me through Deere Autopath & Data Sync

Sounds like you already know most of the theory of operation and have the equipment to do it, so I'll skip that part.
You will need a G4 or G5 display with the Automation subscription in every machine that uses AutoPath. Recording in planter, auto-tracking in sprayer and combine. Best part with the Universal display, you can move it around between machines. Here in the US, it's $1350/yr for a Universal display. If you have a G4 or G5 server in your machine, it has a permanent unlock, I don't know what that cost.
In the field, you don't need RTK boundaries, but you do need them so the data knows where to go as it's being imported. Many of my field boundaries are point and click squares, not trimmed to the actual boundary. The recording happens from the implement receiver while the implement, planter, is in the ground planting. You don't need AutoTrac engaged, I drive by hand in several areas with lots of tile drains or power lines and AutoPath records it all.
As it records it will send to Ops Center your coverage data and generate your AutoPath line for you. It will need a new setup file sent to your other equipment with the AutoPath lines to use it, but I hear they will be changing that. I'm not sure it's fully automatic yet.
As you pull into a field that has an AutoPath file, it will automatically load the guidance lines, and then you're ready to go.
I have used it for two years in the sprayer with mixed reviews, but everyone who has ever used it in a combine loves it!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)