AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adjusting data in SMS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Cat33
Posted 11/15/2023 21:44 (#10483646 - in reply to #10481757)
Subject: RE: Adjusting data in SMS

NE SD
FarmWeather - 11/14/2023 09:47

Cat33 - 11/10/2023 20:30 I know how to change the bushels to match scale tickets, but is there a way to adjust the acres? For example lets say reported acres are 100, but 8 acres drowned out and had water sitting on it so the combine turned around, hence only mapping 92 acres. I would like to change that data to match reported acres so if I print out a map to show a landlord or some other reason the BPA is correct. I'm sure there's a simple way that I'm not finding. This is only the second year I've used SMS, so it's still a learning process.

I recommend loading the map of interest, change to point style, right click on the map to edit, draw a polygon around the drowned area, and delete it. If the acreage mapping is correct, adjusting it by a factor is not really solving the problem. Just eliminate the data you don't want altogether.

There's other stuff too, like in one I planted 96 acres, combine data says 94 and it went over every planted acre. Planted acres are correct as I always double check with Agriplot when done planting. Combine is off on every field to a varying degree even square fields planted fence to fence and harvested the same way. Changing bushels to match scale tickets is easy, acres not so much. (I have to change the bushels on every field too because the combine operator doesn't calibrate......ever. Literally not once since he's had it.) Moisture is close, but yield can range from 2-10 bushels off depending on crop.

It's frustrating lol.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)