AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why Rake
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

r82230
Posted 11/7/2023 10:47 (#10472235 - in reply to #10471759)
Subject: RE: Why Rake

Thumb of Michigan
littlejo - 11/7/2023 00:12

saskman - 11/6/2023 21:21

Corn is not grown in our area. Everything we bale behind a combine is put into rows. Sorry I am so stupid. Honestly I have NEVER seen a rake used behind a combine and I am 64 years old.

Ours either—no corn. Honest logical question—-didn’t warrant a rude reply. And I got yrs on you—and never seen rake behind combine either.

So, I got questions—-gee—hope I don’t get beat up—-I seeded some corn this yr—with a grain drill——figured I’d graze it. Or whatever—-killing frost about a month late, it actually looks pretty good—-to me, but I don’t know much. It is under a pivot, so I plowed in some n and phos and little sulphur and put some n thru pivot.

Got a nice ol j.d. 105—anyway I can thrash some with that? Guy gave me lots of parts with it, including brand new straw walkers—-said they were for corn. Why would I need different walkers?

If I tried it—-how fast turn the cylinder—-how far open concave—lotsa air? Tia.

If you planted with a grain drill, I'm assuming that you don't have 'rows' to use a corn head, so you might be using a cutter bar to harvest? It might work, but a lot of trash material to go through the combine, so it will be slow going.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)