AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FFA Convention
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MN Dave 2
Posted 11/3/2023 20:02 (#10467859 - in reply to #10467780)
Subject: RE: FFA Convention

About 17 years ago our son was a national finalist for diversified ag production. While he didn't win, he did get the free trip the next summer to Costa Rica. My wife and I were lucky enough to attend the convention that year in Indianapolis. I'll never forget the proud dad moment while seeing him on the stage for his group's turn.

One afternoon we were outside the convention hall area and there was a sea of kids wearing blue FFA coats. There was a cop there trying to direct the crowds and I said something to him about all the blue coats. He replied "usually, if there is this many kids down here, they are shooting at us". I was kinda taken aback but I replied "you're probably never going to find kids that own more guns than these kids do, but these kids are the type that will take you hunting with them!"

Each night, there was a music concert with some pretty big names headlining them. Somehow, our son's FFA advisor, who lined everything up, got our group center of the stage and about 7 rows from the stage each nigh. Amazing job Mr. Dylla!!!! Earlier in the week, I found out that each national finalist kid had to give a brief overview of his project and then is closely questioned by a panel of judges. I asked our son if he had written anything down and he replied "no, I'm just gonna wing it". I said whatever, but I would be so nervous I'd forget my name. He said, not to worry, I got it covered. During the week, it became very apparent just how big a deal it was to be a national finalist. Our son got a little more quiet each day, and the night before the panel question wringer the kids had to go through, we were in the concert hall at the Carrie Underwood concert, center stage, 7 rows from the stage, and she was SMOKING HOT111111 everyone was on their feet, yelling and going crazy...and our son was sitting in his seat, writing his brief opening speech out. I thought it was hilarious!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)