AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remote scale display
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/24/2023 11:06 (#10453986 - in reply to #10447883)
Subject: RE: Remote scale display

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My guess is the two cylinders that you refer to are capacitors. Possibly they have vibrated off the board. Since you have determined that they go from Vcc to Ground, my guess they are used to filter the power supply. The capacitors charge up and "carry the load" to even it out.

Sometimes capacitors are used as sort of a time delay. That is when the system is first turned on, the capacitors take a bit of time to charge which acts as a small time delay. Whether that is their purpose is purely a guess on my part.

I'm guessing that the 3 pin connector on the right is for power/ground in and the 9 pin connector on the left is for the actual data coming from the scale head to the remote display.

I would power up the 3 pin cable and test for voltage along the way. It may be something obvious. It appears there is a voltage regulator on the board. Maybe it has failed. The purpose of the voltage regulator might be to reduce the incoming 12VDC to 5 VDC or some other level that supplies power to the various other components.

Edited by tedbear 10/24/2023 11:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)