AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Identical Varieties
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

cuttingedge
Posted 1/27/2010 14:38 (#1044211 - in reply to #826579)
Subject: Re: Identical Varieties

Just would like to see some more work done on this list. Some great information here. Anyone with seed tags of hybrids not listed could contribute more. I found this tag of LG seeds 2514VT3 (from last season)the variety number is "H6824502". Too bad seed salesman aren't required to give you the variety number when they come to sell seed. When I get this years seed in I plan on getting some more info here. FYI Agriliant owns AgriGold, LG seeds, Great Lakes, Producers, Wensman. They also recently purchased Dalcho. Agriliant does the research for many of thier companies hybrids(on this list you will note that these companies share the same hybrids which would indicate sole proprietership of those varieties), however these companies either independently or via Agriliant? also purchase varieties from companies such as Corn States.

As has been stated before just because one company calls it a 100 day and the other a 96 day doens't mean its not the same variety. Much depends what maturity they need in their lineup.

Edited by cuttingedge 1/27/2010 14:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)