AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I Drove The Last Team Of Horses
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

teach84
Posted 10/10/2023 13:56 (#10434930 - in reply to #10434901)
Subject: RE: I Drove The Last Team Of Horses

west-byGod-Pa.
When I worked at a feedmill, I was assigned to take a load of feed to a farm I was unfamiliar with. The farmer asked me who I was & wherefrom. When I told him my family, he exclaimed “ we knew your grandfather as “studhorse Jimmy”” Seems my grandfather had a knack for “ fixing” problem horses.
One time a man brought a carriage horse to my grandfather, said it was dangerous, as when taking the man’s wife somewhere, without reason , it would rare up, & sometimes run off out of control.
So, grandad looked it over, asked some questions, then led it into the barn, turned it around, started walking it out, looking up as he did so, At just the right place, turned around, hit the horse on the snout with clenched fist as hard as he could. The screamed, rated up, & hit its head on the main beam, fell down , unconcious. The cried out “ You killed my horse”!!
Grandad said:” don’t think so” the horse came to, got up kinda wobbly, shook its head & stood blikink its eyes. Grandad told the man to take his horse home. It never rared up or ran off ever again
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)