AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deteriorated silo pit staves
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 9/29/2023 05:46 (#10420729 - in reply to #10420675)
Subject: RE: Deteriorated silo pit staves

central - east central Minnesota -

grainbinder - 9/28/2023 23:57 The silo is not leaning....yet. It is creepy being around the thing, but something needs to be done, don't want it to fall on the barn. We filled it 2 years ago not knowing it was this bad. We did get a quote from Osakis silo Co. and he recommended the concrete with a mound of fill in the middle if we wanted to save it. Jet creting the whole bottom would not be feasible he said. It will cost $7,000 to plaster/shot crete the entire thing. We do put up 1-3 bags per year as well, but its nice to have a silo around yet too. As mentioned their is a heck of a concrete curb around the exterior base that I believe is holding it up/ keeping it straight, the north 30-40% appears-looks pretty solid yet.

That's what I was thinking - those rotted out staves need structure/support and the only way to get that is a bunch of good concrete to fill them in to support the upper staves . . . . . .

I've got 2 silo's you can have . . .  Have Osakis silo come and take'em down and put them up for you ? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)