AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone here run planters on Bauer Bars??? Jim you may want to jump in here as well......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 5/7/2006 02:12 (#10415 - in reply to #10413)
Subject: edited followup with picture

Driftless SW Wisconsin
Chad,

This is a followup to my longer post and your later comment -

What is changing the toolbar height going to do for you??? As long as you are within the working range and not on the travel stops, the airbags have nearly the same down pressure through the range.

We could also send you a couple of our new smaller 12.75 dia forged wheel which will let you raise them up a significant amount more but not clear as wide a path.

If you have a chance, please feel free to call me tomorrow afternoon. I think you have my cell number - use the 605- one.

Please check for a very hard layer just below the surface also. I quickly dug out the photo I took the other day near DeSmet SD in just-tilled residue which had not yet been planted. We were checking seed depth problems and moved over to where the next pass would be.

Customer increased air bag pressure on his 1770NT 30" planter and was able to get the seed to depth but it was tough.

May be related to your situation?? Unless the problem is just on the ends of your planter I don't see where it is a frame height issue.

Jim at Dawn

Here is the photo. By the time we scoot the loose residue to the side that pan is right at seed depth. It may have been caused by something else. I've seen tillage used in the fall in corn stalks without this type problem is it related to use in wet soil & bean stubble in the spring?

Edited by Jim 5/7/2006 03:58

(SD Hardpan ahead of planting in super coultered residue 050406 img2233.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments SD Hardpan ahead of planting in super coultered residue 050406 img2233.jpg (97KB - 298 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)