AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone here run planters on Bauer Bars??? Jim you may want to jump in here as well......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 5/7/2006 01:32 (#10413 - in reply to #10408)
Subject: Re: Anyone here run planters on Bauer Bars??? Jim you may want to jump in here as well......

NE SD
I'm sorry guys, that photo is a poor representation of the conditions. It happens to be in a low spot which was super soft. The coulters are set to run where they're supposed to. The trash whippers are all the way up.............well maybe I could squeak another 1/8" out of them but then they would be rubbing the coulter arms. I don't have any good pictures of the normal conditions, but it is better than that. It's wet enough here right now, we HAVE to run the coulter ahead of the planter or we still wouldn't be going. That particular spot where I stopped would have done nothing but mud up the planter if the coulter hadn't gone through there a half a day earlier. If we run any less pressure than the stated pressures, than the gauge wheels don't run up to the stops. They just run about 1" below the stops and slap the heck out of them. We always felt the wheels should run on or slightly off of the stops but not slammed down to the ground. Like I said before, it does it in the center too, so it's a problem over the whole width not just on the ends due to lack of weight. From what I've observed thus far, it is seeming to be a toolbar height issue to me.

(P4210010.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P4210010.JPG (40KB - 304 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)