AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jd 4440 tractor hydraulic boo-boo question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 9/3/2023 13:03 (#10386511 - in reply to #10386508)
Subject: RE: Jd 4440 tractor hydraulic boo-boo question

Faunsdale, AL
That’s the priority valve I think. Anyway looks like you need another rockshaft housing unless you could take a welder and spot some small short beads on that broken out area to allow a new snap ring to stay in its groove.

4230 had a large threaded fitting there that used to leak pretty commonly but yours doesn’t have it or at least I don’t see it in the picture.

Edit….looked on parts breakdown and you should be able to screw out AR74194 elbow fitting that the pressure line connects to and replace it. It is a large hex shaped fitting with a 90* elbow swivel made in it.

Can see the hex shape covered in dirt and oil now that I know what I’m looking at.

Make sure to push that spool back inside the rockshaft housing and check for any spring that might be lost. But I think the spring is inside that spool still.

Edit, yes spring and shim/s are inside that spool, best not to even take it out of the bore, just push it back in and it’ll stay there while you screw the old elbow out and push the new one in and get it started threading in the hole.

Edited by ccjersey 9/3/2023 13:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)