AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm leaseback companies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

iadirt
Posted 8/16/2023 14:16 (#10362015 - in reply to #10361720)
Subject: RE: Farm leaseback companies

The term leaseback implies that an investor is going to lease it back to the party it was purchased from. Thus it is a property that you owned and sold it subject to a lease back to you.

It sounds like you are looking for an investor to buy a property that you currently don’t own. In most places it is not difficult to find a cash rent tenant. Unless you have something unique to offer or land to sell, why do the investors need you? I’m not saying that in a derogatory way but just putting myself in their shoes. If I’m an investor and have every farmer close to a prospective property as a potential tenant, what would cause me to want to enter into an exclusive agreement with you?

Usually, that involves your ability to buy a farm for less than market value or something similar. Eg. your landlord passes and the kids are willing to sell the farm below market because they want you to have it or they don’t want to deal with the spectacle of an auction, etc. If you have something to offer the investor, then they would have an interest in working with you.

I wish you the best.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)