AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Caterpillar 955K Loader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pete1468
Posted 1/20/2010 19:37 (#1032780 - in reply to #1031974)
Subject: RE: Caterpillar 955K Loader

Norhtwest Iowa
If the machine looks and is in good condition I'd go for it in a heart beat. I bought a 955k a year and a half ago. It paid for itself in a year and I haven't used it for what I bought it for yet. The machine I bought has like new undercarriage and pads, 2 year old motor and torque convertor and new hyd pump. It's easy to operate starts great and burns about 6 gallon per hour working it real hard. I've run a 943 for the county that I work for and it's a handy little machine for finishing and smaller jobs but the 955 will out dig and push it hands down. I've rebuilt terraces, damns, taken out trees, taken out fence lines, and made a building pad for the neighbor that I moved alot of dirt for 56X112 with 7 foot of cut and 3 foot of fill on the other end. I've never had it run hot yet. I've had a very good experience with mine so far. The neighbors seem to keep me very busy with it. I wish mine had teeth on the bucket like the 943 I've run has, it has just enough power to just about fill the bucket in sod and run out of power, the 955 will fill the bucket very easily without teeth and boil dirt in most conditions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)