AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Valor SX vs Valor XLT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 1/18/2010 09:08 (#1028324 - in reply to #1028155)
Subject: Re: Valor SX vs Valor XLT

Corydon, IA

bgunzy - 1/18/2010 06:29 After applying the XLT did you have to hit it with any glyphosate? Did it suppress the grassses long enough? Valor in either flavor isn't labeled for grass control. I'm leaning toward a Prowl / Valor pre-emerge for my conventional beans this year, perhaps spiking it with some Classic (to essentially make XLT), then cleaning up with Cobra, FirstRate, and/or Select/Arrow, depending on what comes up. Geez Dan, don't remind me of the July 27 '08 hailstorm! I harvested 240 bu corn...off 80 acres after that.

I had gly 4 with it when I sprayed the CRP so it worked good. On my cornstalks, I used Gly 4 with it too. I had a very small part of a cornfield that didnt get the valor/gly 4 and you should have seen the difference. When the weeds came back in august, I had MFA spray them and they used gly 4 with the incecticide for ahphids. Had I know what I do now I would have saved my money on that deal. Should have just let them go and got more insurance money. But thats another story.

I hear ya on the hail. We had 10 acres that didnt even make a hopper of corn. On the plus side thouigh, the beans that were on that patch this year was real good. Must have been alot of P and K left over. Did you have any beans get it in 08? I think we paid a yeild penalty this year on the corn that followed the beans that got hailed off. Seems like my corn yield was down alot. I figure it was because the beans had poor roots and also we lost our residue on the ground after the hail hit.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)