AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best roll tarp
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JD 4430
Posted 1/16/2010 11:12 (#1025192 - in reply to #1024720)
Subject: RE: Best roll tarp

To answer the question of I want it easy for my driver, there is a very simple answer. Make sure you put an electric roll tarp on it. This makes it easy and helps with the wind.
As for which tarp, I would prefer the surlock, we have had several surlocks, two srt and one agricover. The surlocks do catch the wind more, but you can prepare for that(wind direction). If you need parts they are very easy to get. the srt and agricover are better in the wind but do have down falls. If you pile up the grain to high it has to role through it and then blows off. That is best case, the bad thing is when you roll through the grain let it sit overnight, get dew on it and the grain sticks (even just a little). With that system it will not role up because it makes a bigger role. The other problem we have had with them, the agricover more so, is when it is rolled up all the way, it seems to work back towards the center a little. It only moves back 6 to 12 inches, but it kind of bothers me. Hope this helps
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)