AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best roll tarp
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

gbfarmer
Posted 1/16/2010 07:24 (#1024898 - in reply to #1024720)
Subject: RE: Best roll tarp

SE MN
I have some of both and each have their good and bad points. With being said I do prefer the Shulock. I have 2 SRT's and I seem to have a lot of trouble with the cables and getting them to roll open. The SRT on our grain cart has to have the end caps where the cable rolls on taken off, cleaned and greased a number of times during the fall or else it will only open about 3/4 of the way. The SRT on our truck needs to have the cables adjusted quite often or the cable does not roll up right on the spool. Yes, the Shurlock can get caught by the wind, but it will probably only happen once and then you will unroll it into the wind from then on. I did put an electric roll tarp on out two Shulocks and that really helps in the wind because there are springs on the arms that help close it and keep it down on the trailer. If you need any parts for the Shurlock you can order them off of their website and have them very quick. When I have need parts for my SRT I have a hard time getting them to answer the phone. Maybe that has gotten better now, but it was a problem a couple years ago.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)