AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What color to paint Cecil?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Patriot81
Posted 5/7/2023 11:04 (#10219247)
Subject: What color to paint Cecil?

Farmington, Mo
So, there’s a bit of a story behind this little concrete bull. Bare with me for a few paragraphs, and I’ll give you the background of my little bull.

The bull was my grandfather’s on my mothers side. He was a custom cut butcher for my entire life. His butcher shop was 20 feet from his house and this fellow stood out front by the state highway to welcome customers when they came in for their beef and pork.

My grandpa had a rough start. He was born in 1931 with his identical twin brother to very poor parents. Just a few years later, my great grandfather had passed and my great grandmother gave him and his three siblings up to the Presbyterian orphanage, remarried, and started her new life 30 miles away.

My grandpa and his brother bounced around from the boys farm to local farm families until they were early teens. My grandpa then ran off to Orient, Illinois where he secured a job driving a team of mules skidding logs out of the woods for the coal mines in the area.

They both ended up in the Marine Corps right after WW2 and spent time at the Atomic testing range in Nevada. When he moved back home, he eloped with my grandma to Tunica, Mississippi and started his life as a butcher at the local A&P grocery store. After several years there and a few more at the IGA store, he built his own butcher shop where he and my grandma ran a successful business up until they retired in the early 2000’s.

My grandpa passed in December at the age of 91. From where he started to where he ended up, it was a pretty good run! To help my grandma with finances and liquidation of his “junk” collection, we had an auction on March 31st and I ended up with the bull.

In honor of my grandfather, Cecil Leroy Burns, I have decided to name the bull Cecil (partly because he hated his first name going by Leroy all his life!).

So now my question….what color red should I get to brighten Cecil up a tad so he can take his new prominent home at the end of my driveway? Should I make him a baldy with that always popular touch of “chrome”?

Pic 1&2- the bull
Pic 3-5 is auction day
Pic 6 will be his new home

Edited by Patriot81 5/7/2023 11:09

(IMG_7529 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_7528 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_7352 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_7387 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_7390 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_7530 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_7529 (full).jpeg (221KB - 602 downloads)
Attachments IMG_7528 (full).jpeg (252KB - 584 downloads)
Attachments IMG_7352 (full).jpeg (241KB - 612 downloads)
Attachments IMG_7387 (full).jpeg (197KB - 562 downloads)
Attachments IMG_7390 (full).jpeg (170KB - 616 downloads)
Attachments IMG_7530 (full).jpeg (177KB - 592 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)