AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tile Plow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jrditchdigger
Posted 5/7/2023 07:59 (#10218978 - in reply to #10218471)
Subject: RE: Tile Plow

Southern MN
Had an early Wurdinger 3pt mounted plow, which is what I believe the O’Connell plow is. Put in a lot of tile with it over probably 10 years or so, without any grade control. Some of it has been in the ground for 30 years with no problems in heavy clay soils. Plow itself should stand up well, don’t remember it pulling hard, but it was 3pt mounted. Personally I would call them a good entry plow, especially if you are in a hillier area where grade control is not that critical. If you are going to go full grade control and are on flatter land would probably buy something better with a tilting boot. Another thing first time plow owners don’t think about is backing over the hole to drop the boot in. It is a big factor. Those wheels are in front which is good, but don’t look like very wide spacing. With a parallel linkage plow you wheels cannot be running over any of the spoils from your connection point hole or you will have a dip at the beginning of every run. If I was starting fresh with a designated plow tractor I would probably go with a mounted plow, they would be nice. Have used pull type plows for 20+ years and have had good results, works well because I never know what I will have available to pull it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)