AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agridry Gravity grain spreader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ten-Four
Posted 1/7/2010 01:14 (#1007603 - in reply to #1007426)
Subject: Re: Agridry Gravity grain spreader

EC Nebraska
(Note: If using an auger to fill your bin your results may be different) We have one in a large bin... We have used it for two seasons. I wouldn't recommend it. In a perfect situation where your grain flows into the bin at the same rate ALL of the time I suppose it would work better. We fill the bin with a leg and the grain is running into the spreader at a high rate of speed by the time it makes the drop. I have never been able to get it to work like they say it should. The adjustment ring has to be raised fairly high to make the corn boil over it like it should. The only problem is that with the ring that high it shoots right under the ring when you begin dumping and never will back up and begin to boil. If you squeeze down the "funnel" it backs everything up and overflows over the top of the spreader. If you lower the ring not much goes down the chutes and it all falls in the center of the bin. I have crawled up and down the side of the bin with this spreader more than any other. Another thing....If it happens to rain and a little bit of wet grain from the pit/hopper gets into the spreader, it plugs all of the chutes and there you are hanging into the manhole trying to spin the spreader fast enough to get the wet grain to slide down the chutes...Not as fun as it sounds... I will say that Agri-Dry, as a company, has been very good to work with. We have a couple of their fan control and they work FANTASTIC... I would recommend them to anyone with larger bins. They have even offered to come out to Nebraska and help get this spreader set. The only problem with that is they would need more notice than what we have been able to give them in order to accomplish this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)