AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Noise from Electromagnetic Header Clutch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

soya257
Posted 10/12/2020 03:06 (#8541676)
Subject: Noise from Electromagnetic Header Clutch

I posted a few times on here, about my 9400 John Deere Combine and the noise that comes from it when I start the header up. When I then shut it down , and pump 5 to 7 shots of grease in it and it starts and run with no noise again.
I've changed the bushings and the seals, in the place where the pulley is and it's still does the same thing. I've had John Deere come out look at it and said that they see nothing wrong with any of it, as everything is tight and the clutch is set up perfect.

Sooo I decided to post this again to see if there is someone else that is on here , had this same problem before and had a fix for it.
The only thing that stops the noise(clicking or ticking sound), is to stop it and fill it with grease again. Once or twice isn't bad , but every time I have to start the head up and have to stop it again and grease it is wearing thin on me.
I don't know if the shaft is getting wore a bit that comes out of the box or not, where the pulley goes on. Because that's the only place that the grease goes into , when I grease it.
I'm going to be putting the corn head on in a couple of weeks and I'll be able to see if it still does it. But it would be nice to know before then to fix the problem now.

Hate to see also , if there is something that is causing a lot more damage somewhere else.
Any help, would be greatly welcomed .

Edited by soya257 10/12/2020 03:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)