AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nurse trailer pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cliff SEIA
Posted 5/1/2009 14:19 (#699767)
Subject: Nurse trailer pictures

It's not quite done yet, I still have a little plumbing and some wiring to do but here is the nurse trailer we put together, it's not as fancy as some of the semi trailers I've seen on here but for our operation it will work good.  The trailer is a 25+5' H&H LT series with 10,000lb axles and since we want to have the trailer available for other jobs the tank and all the plumbing is self contained on a steel framework which can be set on the trailer with a forklift and strapped down in about five minutes.  The 1,650 gallon tank sits on a frame made mostly of 3x3x1/4" square tubing but with two 3x6x1/4" tubes in the center so forklift forks can slide in them to pick it up.  A 4" winch on each corner secures it to the trailer deck. The tank is plumbed so it can be filled with a 3" pump but the pump on the trailer is only a 2" 6.5hp Hypro with the Honda clone engine, even running at half throttle the 2" pump will fill the planter faster than we can fill it with seed and when I'm spraying I'm usually by myself and a 2" pump will fill the sprayer as fast as I can mix chemicals most of the time so I stuck with 2" plumbing for now. 

After the pump there is a 50 mesh strainer followed by the venturi and a manifold on top of it, the hose above it goes up to the two 30 gallon mix cones and there are two 2" valves above it with quick couplers so I can suck chemical in through the venturi rather than relying on 12v pumps.  I haven't tried it with this pump yet but last year with the 3" 8hp pump on our nurse truck when using Keystone I could suck right at 10 gpm through the venturi which is as fast as the pumps that come on the mini bulks.  After the venturi product runs through a 2" Raven flow meter and then either to the tank or out the 20' discharge hose.  There will be a ground 24 battery in the toolbox on the tender for running 12v chemical pumps and the lights which will be recharged via the 7 pin outlet on the truck and on the right side of the tank there is enough room to build a rack to carry 2 1/2 gallon chemical jugs but I haven't figured out exactly how I want to do that yet.  There are a handfull of pipe thread fittings where I didn't have any choice but almost all of the plumbing is flanged, it costs a little more to do it that way but it's alot nicer to work with and makes it alot easier to make changes in the future. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)