AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3 point blade with rear wheel operation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NESD FARM
Posted 3/8/2021 21:17 (#8881005)
Subject: 3 point blade with rear wheel operation

Those of you that run one of these, how do you adjust it? Use both the three point and the rear wheel? Just the rear wheel? Looking to blade driveway and close tile trenches. Have one now but no wheel and it's quite a challenge if tractor is on rougher ground
Top of the page Bottom of the page
HoRFarms
Posted 3/8/2021 21:28 (#8881022 - in reply to #8881005)
Subject: RE: 3 point blade with rear wheel operation

SE VA/NE NC
If im peeling off dirt then i lift the wheel up, set the hitch where i need it and then afjust the wheel down just so its touching the ground. The wheel will just keep it from gouging when the back tires go down this way.

If im trying to spread dirt and the ground is rough like youre talking about then ill do the same but slightly off the ground. Then ill force the hitch down until its the height i need. Thats how i used it spreading excavator piles on a path today.

The second method doesnt have unlimited range though, so the best way in that case is get it set hitch and wheel, then pull hitch top pin out. That will really allow it to float and you can move your hitch plenty. Maybe put a chain in place of the pin if you want the same range but still be able to lift it up to turn around.

Edited by HoRFarms 3/8/2021 21:30

(62619209-F051-485B-B170-597F9B995254 (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 62619209-F051-485B-B170-597F9B995254 (full).png (107KB - 15 downloads)
palennn
Posted 3/8/2021 21:43 (#8881050 - in reply to #8881022)
Subject: RE: 3 point blade with rear wheel operation

North Central Kansas
I control the depth of cut on my three point box blade with gauge wheels by either the hydraulic top link or the cylinder on the rear rockshaft of the blade.
I've never tried removing the top link pin or using a chain as the tractor's three point will float up and down as long as the position control lever is set all the way down. Removing the top link pin allows the blade to move up and down as the tractor rear wheels go over uneven ground whereas leaving the top link pin in place utilizes the parallel linkage feature of the three point hitch.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)