AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remlinger jumbo one bar buster bar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

keving
Posted 11/7/2015 06:32 (#4882145)
Subject: Remlinger jumbo one bar buster bar

Michigan
Anyone run one of these on the back of their chisel plow? We currently have a set of s-tine levelers and a light set of 5 bar spikes on our sunflower coulter chisel plow. The s-tine do level out the larger ridges but the spikes do nothing for corn stalks in heavy clay. We have a chopping corn head and wonder if one of these buster bars would do a better job than the spikes for leveling.

Edited by keving 11/7/2015 06:36

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (129KB - 330 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
boog
Posted 11/7/2015 06:55 (#4882172 - in reply to #4882145)
Subject: RE: Remlinger jumbo one bar buster bar

I use to have a CIH 6500 disc chisel that I put a hd buster bar on. It originally hag a s-tine leveler on it. I mounted the busterbar to the s-tine mounting brackets between the leveler & the chisel. Left the ground smooth enough that we could bspray in the spring without working the ground
We currently have a JD 512 that weve been thing about puting a buster bar & basket on In place of the 4 bar harrow that Is on It now
s
TJG in MS
Posted 11/7/2015 08:03 (#4882289 - in reply to #4882172)

Itta Bena Mississippi
I built one out of 3x3 3/8s square tube with 1" cold roll for spikes for my 9 shank 512. Made a world of difference how it leveled. One pass with a FC behind it and it's ready to plant flat or row up.
Tom
RealFarmer
Posted 11/7/2015 07:36 (#4882236 - in reply to #4882145)

Had that bar on a new earthmaster back in the day. It knocks down the ridges but thats about it. Then we went with the first black earthmaster series 1700 and went with a 3-4 bar with coil tines which seemed better. As far as doing anything for stalks thats only as good as the machine ahead of the leveler. The ends of the spring and chains wear if you run lots of acres. Not my first or second choice. Good Luck !!
Old Pokey
Posted 11/7/2015 07:54 (#4882272 - in reply to #4882145)

Most here have different soils and residues than we do here in the valley, but I have found that the angle tooth buster can washboard residue easier than the straight tooth ones. Unverferth makes those bars too.

fastdeere
Posted 11/7/2015 08:41 (#4882381 - in reply to #4882272)

Had one on a JD chisel plow we had and after a year or two it was so busted up from hitting clods and bouncing all over creation it was unfixable and is now in the scrap iron pile. We now have a summers 3 bar coil time drag on and it works much better.
CGL5
Posted 11/7/2015 17:12 (#4883004 - in reply to #4882145)

Central Indiana
I have a 15' on a Sunflower 11 shank chisel. We wish we would have bought a 5 bar. Mine is in loose hands.
Someday
Posted 11/7/2015 18:59 (#4883201 - in reply to #4882145)

we used to have a bar and took it off and went to the S tine shanks with cylinders for in cab adjustment and it worked much better. You won't be gaining anything. If you really want to have the answer get the rolling treader like on the back of a Landoll. If you really want to step up no till it. I used to be the biggest nay sayer of no till there was and boy was I wrong. Better yields, erosion virtually stopped. And able to farm more acres in the same amount of time. We still chisel just a couple of places where we had to haul manure in nasty weather and or made a mess chopping corn silage.
Someday
Posted 11/7/2015 19:01 (#4883204 - in reply to #4883201)

forgot to say we too have the Summers tine leveler now and it works good. Way too much invested for the very few acres used but Dad has paint disease and has the money to treat the disease so I just keep stuffing it in the shed.
OlsonKrist
Posted 11/7/2015 22:07 (#4883586 - in reply to #4882145)

nw MN
I have an s tine leveler with a buster bar behind it on my m&w earth master. It does a really nice job, leaves a finish similar to a field cultivator in my ground.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)