AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

blue tooth wont stay connected
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 9/30/2016 16:42 (#5557168)
Subject: blue tooth wont stay connected

I have a 2 yr old Blue Parrot head set style blue tooth that wont stay connected to my cell phone. It will say it's connected when I turn it on & phone will show it's connected for about 5 se onds then disconnects from the phone. Phone works fine with the blue tooths in my pu & personal vehicle. Any ideas what the problem is or how to correct it?. I've tried unlinking then relinking to no avail
Top of the page Bottom of the page
oilmaster
Posted 9/30/2016 17:30 (#5557214 - in reply to #5557168)
Subject: RE: blue tooth wont stay connected

WCIN
Always had to turn the headset on after the phone was activated--Blue Parrot

With the Blue Tiger it is hit and miss.

Problem is the phone----------. I can reboot the phone and hooks up great--for a few days afterwards.

Have had fewer problems by shutting them off at night.
Red/Green
Posted 9/30/2016 17:33 (#5557218 - in reply to #5557214)

Elizabethtown,KY
^^^^What he said!
DugJ
Posted 9/30/2016 18:33 (#5557290 - in reply to #5557218)

Northern IL
Maybe turn off your phone and turn on. Worked on my droid when Bluetooth in truck and headset wouldn't stay connected
boog
Posted 9/30/2016 22:57 (#5557770 - in reply to #5557214)

I normally never shut the phone off but have restarted it a couple times trying to solve the problem. Normally shut the Blue Parrott off every night. I've tried restartng te phone a couple times in an effort to solve the problem but it didn't help. IThe Blue Parroot had been working fine until yesterday when it dropped out while talking thru it yesterday afternoon. I could get the Blue Parrot to turn off or on. Put it on a charger for a couple hours thinking the battert had died, though had recharged it the night before & used it very little yesterday. This morning it came on when I started it but wouldn't stay connected, then in about an hour the red light was on like it wasn't charged.

Edited by boog 9/30/2016 23:01
oldbones
Posted 9/30/2016 19:59 (#5557383 - in reply to #5557168)

Floyd County, Iowa
I have a Blue Parrot headset like that. If I let the headset go dead while connected to phone, I have to delete all "known devices" from headset and phone, then do the discovery mode thing again for both.
If I don't power down the headset first, or id I let them get too far apart to maintain connection, it usually takes the same procedure.
That's "here".
Iowajim
Posted 9/30/2016 21:16 (#5557556 - in reply to #5557168)

NW Iowa
What brand and model of phone? A couple years ago my old Motorola died and I got another Motorola but a newer model. The gal at Verizon couldn't get my Blue Parrot B250XT+ to work completely hands free on the new Motorola. She called the company and was told this new model of Motorola won't work well with a Blue Parrot. I switched to a Samsung 7 yeah, I know, but it never torched for me, and the Samsung worked better. Now I have a Motorola turbo 2. It works very well with the Blue Parrot but the gal at Verizon had to program it to go through Google to communicate with the Blue Parrot. When I use voice dial it comes up on the phone as a Google command. My old Blue Parrot B250XT won't connect with this phone. I'm not a techy so I'm unable to go any farther than that.
boog
Posted 9/30/2016 22:55 (#5557768 - in reply to #5557556)

Phone is a Samsung SGH-1437P
RFI90
Posted 9/30/2016 21:41 (#5557625 - in reply to #5557168)

Northeast Iowa
Had a similar problem with a four-year-old 250-XT+. I'd press the button and hold it until the "Power on" message came up, but the blue light wouldn't stay on and the "Your headset is connected" was never heard. Hit the button again and it either wouldn't turn on at all or it would turn on without staying connected. Got a new battery for it today and just finished putting it in, mainly thanks to this YouTube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx4LMIt3i2Q

Put it back together, turned it on and "Power on" was immediately followed by "Your headset is connected" and the blue flashing light stayed on consistently.

Here's a link to the battery. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XFO9KQI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o...
Iowajim
Posted 10/1/2016 08:26 (#5558101 - in reply to #5557625)

NW Iowa
Thanks for the battery replacement tip. Maybe that is what is wrong with my older Blue Parrot.
LNS8310
Posted 9/30/2016 22:19 (#5557702 - in reply to #5557168)

N.C. Iowa

Mine will do that if I get too far away from my phone, only way to resolve it is to shut phone off and turn it back on.  Worked for me.

zach_deerefan
Posted 7/3/2018 22:36 (#6849264 - in reply to #5557168)

WCIA
Following
oldbones
Posted 7/4/2018 19:58 (#6850891 - in reply to #6849264)

Floyd County, Iowa
You do realize that this thread is 2 years old, right?
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)