AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who builds john deere ATV/utv
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bootheel farmer
Posted 5/22/2010 01:12 (#1209411)
Subject: who builds john deere ATV/utv

Can any one tell me who builds john deeres side by side utv's? Is this done in house or subbed out to another atv manufactorer? Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jdflyer
Posted 5/22/2010 07:48 (#1209513 - in reply to #1209411)
Subject: Re: who builds john deere ATV/utv

Centralia, MO
To my knowledge JD builds the Gators themselves. They briefly sold a 4-wheeler they called the Buck that was made by Bombardier of Canada.
PnutFarmer
Posted 5/22/2010 08:02 (#1209527 - in reply to #1209411)

Jefferson Co. Florida
I'm pretty sure the gator XUV are green Kawasaki Mules.
rkd1119
Posted 5/22/2010 09:32 (#1209627 - in reply to #1209411)

Pnut's wrong. They DO use kawaski engines, which strangely enough come from the Kawasaki Heavy Industries division (think construction equipment), not the motorcycle, ATV, jetski division.

Bombardier swapped out a bunch of engineering help on the HPX/XUV line several years ago in exchange for Deere agreeing to sell the Buck ATV line, which was a disaster. The machines were fine IMHO, but the dealer organization was not really geared for them.
iahawkeye
Posted 5/22/2010 13:54 (#1209857 - in reply to #1209627)

Central Iowa
The diesel version's engine is a Yanmar, and the actual Gator was produced in Horicon, Wisconson.
TWB
Posted 5/23/2010 08:17 (#1210619 - in reply to #1209627)

I thought the John Deere atv line will go over good, but corporate only let select stores sell the Buck ATV line, like a consumers line JD store. I know when they ( Buck ATV ) come out my local JD dealer ( that was family own and now close up ) didn't get to sell the Buck. but they could and been selling Gators. There was a JD consumer store ( back then ) down the road in another town about 10 miles or less selling the the Buck. They also sold tractors up to the 5000 series. They are now the Ag dealer under the Tri- Green name. I don't know was it didn't go over, unless it was over price or not enough different sizes.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)