AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hagie sprayer service DISGUSTING !
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pipeline1
Posted 6/2/2017 07:17 (#6049799)
Subject: Hagie sprayer service DISGUSTING !

JD and Hagie advertising what a JOKE 3/16 Hagie announces joint partnership with JD, 6/16 Hagie sales team fully integrated into JD dealer network, 10/16 Hagie service team fully integrated into JD dealer network,11/16 contact your local JD dealer for Hagie parts and service. Best sprayer on the market, ruined by a takeover by JD, JMO. Your experience, good or bad!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
E718
Posted 6/2/2017 07:25 (#6049811 - in reply to #6049799)
Subject: RE: Hagie sprayer service DISGUSTING !

Sac & Story county IA
I have had Hagie sprayers for 25 years. I only called the factory once for parts. Hagie never made anything a well equipped shop can't make. The rest are parts they got someplace else. You can find the same parts they bought way cheaper from other sources. Why do you need them?
hagieman71
Posted 6/2/2017 07:28 (#6049813 - in reply to #6049799)

MIDDLE OF IOWA
Yep, call deere for warranty work on my less than one year old machine and talking with the tech he says only had online training so far. Hagie school is in aug. So gonna be a long summer. Luckily been easy stuff to fix so far.
Fingers77
Posted 6/2/2017 07:29 (#6049816 - in reply to #6049811)

+1. Markup before Deere bought them was crazy. Aside from leg bushings, I can't think of much of anything we med to call Hagie for anymore.

Before the sale, ours was old enough, the new techs wanted to replace parts and diagnose later.

Glad we get along as well as we do.
somewhereinkansas
Posted 6/2/2017 07:32 (#6049821 - in reply to #6049799)

north central Kansas
I did like calling the factory direct and talking to a parts guy who knew more than how to look up a number. I was able to find an ex-Hagie service tech who now works at a JD dealership a couple hours away. Where are you? maybe you could find one of those guys to help ease the transition?
pipeline1
Posted 6/2/2017 07:32 (#6049822 - in reply to #6049811)

Where else can you source parts in MN.
Fingers77
Posted 6/2/2017 07:35 (#6049828 - in reply to #6049822)

What year and what do you need?

Ours is older with Sauer Danfoss hydrostats so i het them from a distributor.

Cab parts from CNN.

Air system parts from my truck shop.

Engine parts come from Cummins.
pipeline1
Posted 6/2/2017 07:44 (#6049838 - in reply to #6049821)

Southern MN, $250. Charge for drive time for a mechanic that knows anything or even cares about about Hagie sprayers to get there, that's sad. Hagie had a great support team that could answer and solve most problems over the phone. Now the answer we get is we will have to check this out and call you back. How many acres can you spray waiting for an answer in a hour! Plus they want to charge you for there time on the phone trying to get you the information you need! WHAT!
Ih smoke
Posted 6/2/2017 08:30 (#6049926 - in reply to #6049838)

Stuff like this is precisely why there will never be anything green here. Crappy service, unwarranted charges, inept parts people and mechanics, and junk equipment, but people will fall on a sword defending them. It will only get worse. Not saying CIH and AGCO are perfect, they are by far not, but all of deere's issues coupled with their arrogance makes staying away from them easy. It's a shame about hagie, they had an awful good product and support. You know how it is though, if the big company can't get business with their inferior products and services, they'll just buy out the competition to get business.
wa grass seed
Posted 6/2/2017 08:41 (#6049953 - in reply to #6049838)

East Central South Dakota
Some of the former Hagie techs have become independent Hagie mechanics. I was lucky and my tech did that. You probably can get service from them in southern MN. One guy in Milford, IA and one in SE SD. Email me if you want some #'s.
W Tex Cottonstripper
Posted 6/2/2017 09:02 (#6049975 - in reply to #6049953)

My Hagie STS 12 was the worst spray rig I ever owned. I had issues from day one with the " show " spray rig. I am relieved to be rid of it after it was totaled with the broken axle.

NEVER ANOTHER HAGIE FOR ME !!!!!!

DALE

(IMG_4392.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_4392.JPG (81KB - 113 downloads)
somewhereinkansas
Posted 6/2/2017 09:17 (#6049997 - in reply to #6049838)

north central Kansas
I was lucky that the guy I talked to was willing to try and help me over the phone. I had to have a boom cylinder calibrated after it had been replaced and it cost me over $1000 by the time he made a second trip to replace the computer port that wasn't letting him communicate with the boom computer. Mostly it was frustrating that the reason the boom cylinders need calibrated is because the boom manufacturer doesn't think I'm smart enough to lift the booms up before I un-cradle them. I agree when I called in for parts it seemed like the parts guy might have built my machine he knew so much about it. I realize as others have mentioned lots of the parts are available elsewhere but I never looked too hard because Hagie would have at my shop door by noon the next day if I called in by 4 pm. To find them aftermarket I figured I could have spent a lot of time looking and still had to have them shipped and then go pick them up myself.
somewhereinkansas
Posted 6/2/2017 09:19 (#6050001 - in reply to #6049975)

north central Kansas
Ouch! I caught a couple broken bolts on my 2100 leg just before that happened!
TJG in MS
Posted 6/2/2017 09:24 (#6050011 - in reply to #6049926)

Itta Bena Mississippi
And it's a fact you never have those issues from Case or Agco.
Tom
4GenFarming
Posted 6/2/2017 09:28 (#6050019 - in reply to #6049799)

East Central Iowa
It's amazing how people are screaming about parts and service a year after the Hagie Deere announcement happened. The cost of parts is too high, it take too long to get service, they don't have parts at the JD dealer. A little over a year ago those were the same complaints people had with Hagie when they were independent.

You want better service, but you're not willing to pay for it.
You want all the parts available, but you'll bypass the dealer and get parts from a truck stop.

I'm just glad I can still buy one. JMO

Fingers77
Posted 6/2/2017 09:37 (#6050034 - in reply to #6050019)

If prices were in the REALM of sanity I might agree.

How in this world is it NOT insane to pay Hagie 65 bucks for air bag level rods, when I can get them from a truck shop for 15?

Or the coils for the hydrostats for over a grand each from Hagie when Sauer sells them for about half.

I am willing to pay a certain premium for good close parts, but it's always in a person's best interest to find it reasonably priced. Hagie parts are INSANELY expensive.
texasfarmer87
Posted 6/2/2017 10:14 (#6050083 - in reply to #6050034)

Farwell, Tx
I thought Hagie's were so well built that you don't hardly ever need anything??

Sounds like to me you all have lots of issues with em. I have no first hand experience here but do have a good friend in Canada that thinks there are the cats moew..
MW farms
Posted 6/2/2017 10:41 (#6050120 - in reply to #6050019)

4GenFarming - 6/2/2017 09:28

It's amazing how people are screaming about parts and service a year after the Hagie Deere announcement happened. The cost of parts is too high, it take too long to get service, they don't have parts at the JD dealer. A little over a year ago those were the same complaints people had with Hagie when they were independent.

You want better service, but you're not willing to pay for it.
You want all the parts available, but you'll bypass the dealer and get parts from a truck stop.

I'm just glad I can still buy one. JMO

We actually had a dealer that stocked just about every part for our hagie. Now the jd dealer doesn't have anything. One section valve pilled up on us.....might get it in three days. Used to drive 20 minutes and get it. So parts and service has drastically declined for our area
Fingers77
Posted 6/2/2017 11:39 (#6050185 - in reply to #6050083)

Ours is the 8th STS ever built. It's old. It needs repairs like anything else.
Lunatic Fringe
Posted 6/2/2017 13:26 (#6050338 - in reply to #6050120)

NE
Definitely not the same. I wish I could still order and receive parts in one day. I knew it would be like this. Our jd dealer likes to keep low inventory even on jd parts.
Cornhusker89
Posted 6/2/2017 13:43 (#6050364 - in reply to #6050338)

E Central NE
Lunatic Fringe - 6/2/2017 13:26

Definitely not the same. I wish I could still order and receive parts in one day. I knew it would be like this. Our jd dealer likes to keep low inventory even on jd parts.

You are exactly right. I used to be able to order parts and have them on my doorstep the next day. Not anymore.
beachfarmer
Posted 6/2/2017 13:46 (#6050367 - in reply to #6049926)

North Central MN
Our green dealer is fantastic. Parts and service is unmatched. Sales on the other hand, those guys can have their moments but that's a personnel issue.
4GenFarming
Posted 6/2/2017 15:01 (#6050449 - in reply to #6050034)

East Central Iowa
So now companies need to read your mind and know which parts to stock and which ones not to stock? That is not how it works. There are costs involved when a part sits on a shelf whether you accept that or not. Yes the truck stop valve is cheaper, because their inventory rolls more often. The same is true with a coil from Sauer.
And insanely high prices from Hagie? there was just a thread saying how the prices increased after Deere started servicing them. plus, have you price components from other manufacturers?

Undeniable truths of life;
1. Everything breaks
2. Parts are expensive
3. You can always find it cheaper somewhere else

dzluvr
Posted 6/2/2017 18:24 (#6050656 - in reply to #6050364)

anyone who would drive a front boom sprayer where you are sitting in the fog of chemicals being applied certainly must not value their or their employees health I think that is the most insane way of designing a sprayer
jfreed
Posted 6/2/2017 19:38 (#6050766 - in reply to #6050656)

South West Michigan
dz,do you not provide windows or latching doors on your rigs for the employees?
NMSchultz
Posted 6/2/2017 19:46 (#6050779 - in reply to #6050656)

NE SD
You do know the cab fan doesn't suck in outside air right?
Fingers77
Posted 6/2/2017 19:59 (#6050806 - in reply to #6050779)

And/or has a charcoal filter.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)