AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere power beyond block on older series tractor
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GregChuckles
Posted 8/9/2015 20:11 (#4724670)
Subject: John Deere power beyond block on older series tractor

Stupid question.

Thinking about adding power beyond block that goes behind SCV (see pic) on 4020 to run to 3 spool loader valve. Currently run the 3 spool valve out of a SCV which is fine, but would be nice to free up another outlet.

My question is, if you plumb this loader control valve into the power beyond, is it still closed center or now open center. Not a big deal, just wondering if I will need to remove plug in loader spool valve and insert a pressure relief valve. My understanding reading JDs website it would now be open center as the SCV unit is what makes it closed or PFC, but maybe that's just newer tractors I dunno. Because most plumbed with that block still have the same closed center loader control valve.

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments (0KB - 718 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (92KB - 830 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pirlbeck
Posted 8/9/2015 20:22 (#4724702 - in reply to #4724670)
Subject: RE: John Deere power beyond block on older series tractor

West Central Iowa
You need to use a closed center valve and keep it closed center. You are aware that this power beyond plate will only work on a 4020 with a side console/rear mounted SCV's.
E718
Posted 8/9/2015 20:23 (#4724711 - in reply to #4724670)

Sac & Story county IA
You really don't need that cast piece. If you put a tee instead of an elbow in the line that comes out of tractor near the brake pedal, it will give you pressure. It will be closed center. Closed center if you use that cast piece, too.

This was for an older 4020. I have forgot what newer one looks like. I dunno if that line is there or not on newer tractor.

Edited by E718 8/9/2015 20:25
KTA
Posted 8/9/2015 21:05 (#4724823 - in reply to #4724670)

Install behind your left hand valve using longer bolts and all new packings. Top is pressure out and return to the large cavity. Still closed center just as before. Your 20 series rockshaft sheet metal will have to be modified for the increased length and your SCV operating rod extended.

Gerald J.
Posted 8/9/2015 21:07 (#4724833 - in reply to #4724711)

That power beyond block only works with a side console 4020. Both old and new 4020 are closed center so you must use a closed center valve for whatever else you want to use. Otherwise the hydraulic systems have very little in common, most everything was changed. I have a web page about early 4020 with some late 4020 tests http://www.geraldj.networkiowa.com/4020si.htm

For power beyond on the early 4020 you replace that elbow by the brake pedals (feeds the rock shaft) with a T and thats power. The return should be to the transmission oil filter cover, not the transmission case. Deere sells a tapped cover first used on the 2640 that fits. I drilled and tapped my filter cover and its working fine.

Early 4020 power byond.

Gerald J.

GregChuckles
Posted 8/9/2015 21:56 (#4724974 - in reply to #4724823)

KTA - 8/9/2015 21:05

Install behind your left hand valve using longer bolts and all new packings. Top is pressure out and return to the large cavity. Still closed center just as before. Your 20 series rockshaft sheet metal will have to be modified for the increased length and your SCV operating rod extended.

It's a late side counsel model.

Why left SCV? Can you use the right? I got the loader valve plugged into right SCV currently.
KTA
Posted 8/9/2015 22:07 (#4725008 - in reply to #4724974)

I would have bet money that question was coming. The clearance to the three point hitch parts and hose routing is better and easier on the left. The bolts that hold the SCV are the same length and do not hold anything else together unlike the right hand side. That being said I really do not care where you put it. It's your tractor.

GregChuckles
Posted 8/9/2015 22:16 (#4725027 - in reply to #4724974)

That makes sense, thanks for the clarification. I was trying to think of a good way to get around the 3 point in the way issue on the RH.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)