AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pto hydraulic pump for planter question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SeModirtfarmer
Posted 2/5/2015 20:08 (#4366101)
Subject: pto hydraulic pump for planter question

I am wanting to run my two vacuum motors on 1780 planter off of a pto pump. I was considering a hydraboost system until I got the price for their unit. I am now thinking I should just piece the system together myself to save some money. I seen where the two motors are probably going to require around 4-5 gal/min each so I don't need a very big system. I was looking at a prince pto pump but would like to see if others have made their own system, what they all used and how it was plumbed. I currently use my 7800 for all hydraulic functions with a case drain, it has the two dials to regulate vacuum. I am just trying to figure out how to incorporate these in the new system to allow fine tuning of vacuum. Also is it better to use 540 or 1000 rpm pump? Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big brother
Posted 2/5/2015 21:28 (#4366396 - in reply to #4366101)
Subject: RE: pto hydraulic pump for planter question

southern ontario
Won't the 7810 run fans without pto pump?
SeModirtfarmer
Posted 2/5/2015 22:13 (#4366527 - in reply to #4366396)

It does but I want to get away from clutching on every pass to wait for it to lift. When vac fans aren't on planter raises fast.
JAR
Posted 2/5/2015 22:43 (#4366582 - in reply to #4366527)

Madision County, IL
We had to do the same thing with 1780. Inztalled Ag Leade clutch contol and no longer slow down when turning.. You will also get the benefit of saving some seed.
campbell
Posted 2/5/2015 23:38 (#4366640 - in reply to #4366101)

CENTRAL ILLINIOS
I pieced one together for a 1770 planter on a JD 8400 tractor with the pump and most of the parts coming from Surplus Center. Biggest problem was that tractor only has the big 1000 PTO and none of the pumps came that way so I had to use an adapter. Has a little wobble in it because of the adapter but been running two years with no problems. I am thinking about putting a oil cooler on it for next year because the oil will run pretty hot and with a cooler I can quit worrying about it. Bought the pump, tank, relief valve, and filter from Surplus Center then had all the hoses made locally. You will need the flow control valves to regulate vacuum for each fan if you don't have them.
SeModirtfarmer
Posted 2/5/2015 23:46 (#4366648 - in reply to #4366640)

Campbell what size pump did you go with and where does the relief valve get plumbed into the system?
MattNWOH
Posted 2/6/2015 00:48 (#4366678 - in reply to #4366101)

We're running a 7200 vac this year on a great big ih 1486. The planter already had the oil cooler plumbed in but we needed a pto pump. After enough pestering and I think finding the part # ourselves, we finally got the Deere dealer to order us a pump. I think it cost about $1300. I think that pump would have enough capacity for two motors.
campbell
Posted 2/6/2015 08:03 (#4367010 - in reply to #4366648)

CENTRAL ILLINIOS
I don't remember the pump size but I can take a look at it possibly this afternoon and let you know(it is stored on another farm). I am having a hard time remembering how I plumbed in the relief valve too but I think I ran a hose from the pressure side of the pump to a tee, with one side of the tee going to the flow control valves and the other side going to the pressure relief valve that is mounted on the side of the tank. Will look at that when I get over there too.
E718
Posted 2/6/2015 08:22 (#4367069 - in reply to #4366101)

Sac & Story county IA
If you had this pump hooked to a 1000 rpm pto with a double roller chain coupling, you would have about 11 gallons per minute.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Pumps/Gear-Pumps/...

You will need a flow control to get rid of some oil flow. Something like this
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Valves/Flow-Contr...

Plan on 10 gallon tank of oil and be ready to add a cooler if needed.
campbell
Posted 2/6/2015 14:53 (#4367953 - in reply to #4367010)

CENTRAL ILLINIOS
I could not find any numbers on the pump but I think it is the 5.7 cu. in. Prince listed at 22.4 GPM. Will try to upload a picture. It is plumbed like I said in the post above. I ordered it oversized so I could run with the tractor at reduced throttle and still get the flow

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (157KB - 533 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (158KB - 578 downloads)
Matthew1660
Posted 4/24/2024 19:39 (#10717184 - in reply to #4367010)

Did you have to install a flow divider valve to split the flow after it came out of the tee or how did you split the flow between the fan motors?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)