AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DPF deletes for skid steers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

fourcubs
Posted 1/25/2015 11:24 (#4336740)
Subject: DPF deletes for skid steers

Man this is a pain skid steer derated the other day and would not move for 30 min till it went through a regen. Would love to chew out an EPA official but that's for another forum. Any one making one. Have to have backups because of it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
a4t-1600
Posted 1/25/2015 11:31 (#4336757 - in reply to #4336740)
Subject: RE: DPF deletes for skid steers

Dearfield Co.
there are some things available for cummins powered stuff but without knowing your engine brand its hard to say--------------It seems there are hacks for most but sometimes the outcome isn't any better
fourcubs
Posted 1/25/2015 11:40 (#4336772 - in reply to #4336757)

Sory about that SR160 case. Its got 4 hampsters on wheels for a motor. Yama****a or some such thing can't remember right off hand. Love the visibility the barns are getting much less orange cow disease but this derate thing might be a deal breaker.

Edited by fourcubs 1/25/2015 11:48
a4t-1600
Posted 1/25/2015 11:48 (#4336785 - in reply to #4336772)

Dearfield Co.
good luck then -------yanmar??
Gerard
Posted 1/25/2015 15:23 (#4337248 - in reply to #4336772)

Woodham, Ontario
Sorry you bought a CNH skid steer... They are garbage... Replaced engines on 4 new Hollands! All under warranty fortunately but I have traded them all at once on Deeres and very happy so far. Deere sells tier 3 skid steers in Canada, I'm sure they are illegal in the US.

The new Hollands were nice to run, but one was broken down every week, often on the weekend... Only problem I have had with the Deeres is the air filter sensor, had it fail on both 320Es
durallymax
Posted 1/25/2015 15:33 (#4337270 - in reply to #4336772)

Wi

Its an IHI Shibaura engine and I don't know of any work arounds for their emissions stuff. 

Are you not running it hard enough to keep the filter cleaned?  

I don't know how CNH's system works on that machine. They use so many different systems throughout their range its hard to keep up. On our D Series Cat with a DPF the screen will flash a DPF symbol when it senses the filter is starting to load up. You just turn the throttle into the green area (half or more) and continue running it and it does its thing, if you drop RPM's it will pause.  You can also park it and get out and after a little while it will do a parked regen on its own that you can interrupt at any time. If you ignore the DPF warning it will start to get angrier and flash different colors along with an alarm if you really ignore it for too long.  It can get to the point where you will be forced to do a parked regen but this is only if you ignore the DPF warnings for a long time.  I don't run this machine often but in 400hrs I have yet to see the DPF light or have anyone ask me what it is.  Cat estimates average life before off machine cleaning is needed to be 4000-5000hrs.

Just be happy you dont have a Bobcat with a Doosan, the dairy guys around here love not being able to do anything. Worse than having a DPF to regen, but not if you ask Bobcat.

I will say the Visibility on the CNH machines was great (former NH owner, only thing we ever had, after this new series never again). We were always hung up on the visibility and controls. Finally gave up and moved on.  The 226 Cat is similar to the SR160. Everyone loves that little thing, they are done making them in the B3 series now though, it was the last one to go. Fairly easy to see out of and simple to run. The D series machines have good visibility all around except the rear, but the backup camera option helps with that.  

Theres more brands of Skid steers coming out every year it seems.  It would take alot for me to want to go back to CNH machines. If you read around this site you will see that in the dairy environment, owners are not very pleased.  

Edited by durallymax 1/25/2015 15:38
fourcubs
Posted 1/25/2015 17:57 (#4337594 - in reply to #4337270)

Try explaining DPF through a translator they can still get coal to roll out of their stuff in mexico they think were nuts. As far as the old ones go can't beat case had 4 40xt, 2 1840s, 2 430s, 1 445, 4 420s, and even an old 1816 gaser. The his is great it the only thing keeping it here. Biggest problem tires and the occasional drive motor. We probably have north of 150000 hrs on case skidloaders.

Edited by fourcubs 1/25/2015 18:01
durallymax
Posted 1/25/2015 20:54 (#4338131 - in reply to #4337594)

Wi

I know the feeling, Cat had a multi language training program that was pretty neat. They go through the program on a computer and if they pass they print out a certificate. My issue with it was it told them too much. None of our guys need to know anything about CTL's or MTL's etc.

Our old NH's were good, new ones not so much. 

economax
Posted 11/29/2016 10:36 (#5664325 - in reply to #4336740)

Central Pennsylvania
What year and model? We can probably help you with it.

Edited by economax 11/29/2016 10:39
Qwer
Posted 12/5/2017 16:59 (#6408522 - in reply to #5664325)

I have a case sr160, can you help with DPF delete, Thanks, Jeff
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)