AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Used 8" bin unloader. What's it worth?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

77 Farmer
Posted 7/23/2014 21:47 (#3982994)
Subject: Used 8" bin unloader. What's it worth?

Southeastern, IL
We had a 8" unloaded with 2 intermediate wells and 10" 25 degree incline that was getting sharp at the inlet and outlet. Being that we raise seed beans we decided that we would not just replace the auger but replace it with a new power sweep system since none of us are getting younger. I couldn't believe that the auger was only sharp at the inlet and outlet. The middle part is in really good shape. I guess I feel better about upgrading the new unload with the AR steel option that just had AR at the inlet and outlet. Now what to do with the old system. The rest of the system is in good shape. How much would it be worth? Its a Hutchinson 8" under floor with 2 intermediate wells with a 10" 25 degree incline, it came out of a 30' Bin. Thanks

Edited by 77 Farmer 7/23/2014 21:57

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (77KB - 655 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (118KB - 652 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ahay68979
Posted 7/23/2014 22:07 (#3983039 - in reply to #3982994)
Subject: RE: Used 8" bin unloader. What's it worth?

Saronville NE
If you weren't so far away Id take that in a heartbeat, Im actually pricing putting 8in withdrawls in 30ft bins right now, Ive still got 6in, and getting real tired of 45-50min semi load time, putting white corn in a couple bins this fall and I contracted it picked up at my place, but if takes over 30 min load time, they charge you extra, so want to update unloads.
77 Farmer
Posted 7/23/2014 22:10 (#3983046 - in reply to #3983039)

Southeastern, IL
Yep going from 6 to 8 is big difference. When we built our corn bins we went with 10" unload. Only problem is when filling truck, when you see a pile it might be too late.

Edited by 77 Farmer 7/23/2014 22:10
rambo
Posted 7/23/2014 22:13 (#3983059 - in reply to #3983039)

Remsen, Iowa

If you speed up the auger - 4" drive pulley and a 12" auger pulley - and extend the flighting all the way back in the sump, you can load a truck in 25 minutes with a 6 inch unload auger. You will lose capacity when the sweep goes in.

PeteMN
Posted 7/23/2014 23:26 (#3983160 - in reply to #3982994)

E.Central MN
Wish we had that unloader in our 30' butler. We have an 8" Hutchinson vertical unloader and it seems to wear out bearings, etc too often. Its nice to be able to just unload into a semi, but the vertical unit grinds up the corn and loses capacity pretty quickly when the flighting gets worn. From my consignment auction memory, the incline auger head will bring somewhere around $1000 at auctions depending on the motor. I've seen 6 to 8" inclines bring anywhere from $400-800. The auger w/sumps from in the bin might bring $300-400, might bring less depending on condition and who is there bidding. Haven't seen many multiple sump unloading augers sell. Like they say on the Antique Road Show, prices could be double that or could be half of that, you never know how badly someone or two someone's want an item and whether its an auction price or a dealer asking price.. Condition is very important with Hutchinson unloading equipment, maybe more so than with Neco, Sukup, or GSI. That's my rough guess for used prices in central MN. What's the price for various components on your new system?
flyboytoo
Posted 7/24/2014 06:08 (#3983263 - in reply to #3983160)

ec. nebr.
To those that contemplate doing this, in the end you will be doing what he is. A 10 in auger with power sweep! Even an 8 in with powersweep is the way to go. If you have to tear up the bin floor , clean it out & do it right. You won't be back doing it over in a few years.
GangGreen
Posted 7/24/2014 07:44 (#3983382 - in reply to #3982994)

Eastern Iowa
Used 8 inch unloads just aren't worth alot these days, due to the effort of getting them out. Power sweep might be a different story, but 9 times out of ten, people want a new unload if they are gong to go through the trouble. I'd say the incline auger would be worth $500, the rest of it you might have to just give away.
Robert W Greif
Posted 7/24/2014 10:09 (#3983577 - in reply to #3983160)

Dallas Center IA 515-720-2463
Take the vertical off and put a stub auger on the end. Use the same motor.
Yes you will need a truck auger, but worth it.

I have put several vertical unload augers in the iron pile in my farming career.

If you really want to speed up truck loading - Cut a hole just to the side and above where the auger comes out. Put a small truck grain gate there. Have it so the grain will run out into the hopper for the truck auger.
Start the truck auger and bin unload auger. Then open the grain gate. You will have plenty of grain.

After a couple times you will figure out how far to open the gate. No real sense in pulling all that gravity flow grain out before the center slump gets done.
Also means less to run out thru the opening over the auger. And more corn away from the door, easier to get it open.
03powerstroke
Posted 7/25/2014 20:49 (#3985870 - in reply to #3982994)

Sent you an email
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)