AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

gordon bars and helical concaves?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kevin wcmo
Posted 1/11/2008 05:53 (#280615)
Subject: gordon bars and helical concaves?

mora
does anybody have experience with these on a 1688? crops will be corn, wheat and beans, possible a little fescue if timing and price is right. or would a guy be better off running the bars and removing every other wire in the large wire concaves and running covers in front on every thing but corn? tia

kevin

forgot to mention it is a specialty rotor

Edited by kevin wcmo 1/11/2008 05:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Pokey
Posted 1/11/2008 08:56 (#280672 - in reply to #280615)
Subject: RE: gordon bars and helical concaves?

I cant speak for your crops even your fescue as you'll likely be direct cutting? However here's a couple pics that show you what the concave's design sort of is supposed to do. Hopefully it will help you some in your decision.
445 is a pic of the machine empty. I do use wireless helicals so far. I may aquire a set of wired this year. It shows you the relationship between the gorden bar and helical.
468 shows the machine pretty much full of swathed tall fescue. You can see the direction most of the straw is in relation to the cross bar of the helical concave. That is what the theory is behind the helical, and I think it works. You get a far truer 90 degree threshing angle to the direction of material travel. That accounts for the a lot of extra concave surface area too, if you need it.

(IM000445.JPG)

(IM000468.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IM000445.JPG (100KB - 219 downloads)
Attachments IM000468.JPG (100KB - 231 downloads)
Dan_wcIN
Posted 1/11/2008 12:14 (#280844 - in reply to #280672)
Subject: Re: gordon bars and helical concaves?

It made a Crop
I run the Gorbon Bars and love them. I talked to Marvin last summer about the Helical Concaves. Covers plates come with the helical to run every you want run except for Corn. I'm not a big Fan of Cover plates. But they are needed for the helical with wires. I've seen pictures of wire Helical Concaves but I don't remember where.

If I could get my idea of putting a Baldwin "G" throat in place of the current feeder on my 1660 to work. I don't think cover plates would be needed.

Hey Don, I was looking though some old Combine literature. Gleaner used Raddle Chain Separation in conventional combines until they dropped the K2, F3, M3, and L3 in the '80s. The raddle chain was between the Cylinder and straw walkers. I wonder if Raddle Chain Separation was use in the C62? As you can tell I've been thinking about your idea.

I'd better not hijack this post anymore. email me again If you'd like to chat more about what you have planned. I didn't save your email address from your email a few weeks ago.

Edited by Dan_wcIN 1/11/2008 12:15
Old Pokey
Posted 1/11/2008 20:21 (#281175 - in reply to #280844)
Subject: Check your inbox. nt

!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)