AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nissan Murano starting problems
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Buster 50
Posted 4/13/2013 09:11 (#3032300)
Subject: Nissan Murano starting problems

North West IA/western AZ
Anyone else with the push button start have problems? My wife's 09 model with 80k miles has been giving us fits over the last 5 to 6 months. It will suddenly not start when the button is pushed, usually making a clicking sound. Sometimes a retry will work. Yesterday, it wouldn't start and the third or 4th retry it must have tought it started because the dash lights stayed on as well as the radio and blue tooth. I had to push and hold the button before it would go off. Then it started like nothing was wrong.

I have replaced the battery and cleaned the ground. It seems like a ground problem, but where. Just hope it isn't a computer board.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dairymanswife
Posted 4/13/2013 09:21 (#3032319 - in reply to #3032300)
Subject: RE: Nissan Murano starting problems

I suppose she had to use your RZR then.
BobCat
Posted 4/13/2013 10:22 (#3032472 - in reply to #3032300)
Subject: Re: Nissan Murano starting problems

Illinois
Is your battery low on charge or need to be replaced?
Ours does the same things when the battery is low, clicking and dash light on.
Hopefully that is all it is.

Forgot about the 5 to 6 month problem. Check the battery to frame ground, friend had a break in the cable on his Murano and caused the same problems. Also check to see if the cable has rubbed a hole in the insulation allowing the cable to ground somewhere else. We had that happen on a tractor and it messed the computers all up. Found the bare spot where on the ground where the insulation was frayed taped it up and everything worked fine.
You would think a ground is a ground but it's not.

Edited by BobCat 4/13/2013 10:32
JohnW
Posted 4/13/2013 10:30 (#3032487 - in reply to #3032300)

NW Washington
How about the battery in the key fob? I think if the key fob thing gets a low battery then the push button start does not work right. Our Altima has a place to insert the key fob in the event of a low battery key fob battery situation.
Buster 50
Posted 4/13/2013 12:05 (#3032651 - in reply to #3032319)

North West IA/western AZ
No, she had to wait until I got home to save her. LOL She was a couple hours late at the Des Moines kids for a clean up weekend. Sadly I had to stay home and work on the planter.
Buster 50
Posted 4/13/2013 12:08 (#3032656 - in reply to #3032472)

North West IA/western AZ
That is exactly what I think the problem is. I just don't have a hoist to get under it. I need to check in the engine compartment.
Buster 50
Posted 4/13/2013 12:09 (#3032660 - in reply to #3032487)

North West IA/western AZ
That was one thing my wife had already tried.
Jon Hagen
Posted 4/13/2013 18:29 (#3033284 - in reply to #3032660)

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
This site says yours is not an unusual problem .

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/murano/18046-keyless-starting-proble...

One possible answer here.
"Carluca,
We finally have our problem fixed! I made many movies on my camera phone of the different problems and Nissan finally found our issue. Our main keyfob was defective. When both of us had our keyfobs with us in the car, the main one overroad the good one and would not work. They removed the batteries of the bad one and the other one was fine. We had to pay for the programming of a new keyfob but it is working great.

We had replaced the batteries in both keyfobs twice within a year AND Nissan had us replace the battery of our car on one of the visits. I sure hope this helps".

Or.
"There is a technical service bulletin for the electronic steering control lock on many nissan push starts. They get stuck in the steering wheel and the circut does not close. I have figured out a way to release the lock mechanism if you cant start the car. I have had one come from the dealer and they couldnt figure it out. It took me a while to figure it out but what I did was unlock and hold the steering wheel tilt lock and shook the **** out of the steering wheel up and down this releases the stuck lock in the steering wheel. Its awkward to do with one hand and the other holding tilt lock down. But it started the car and It hasnt happened again. Its not fixed but the lock cost 500 from dealer and 2 hours labor so around 800 to 1000 to fix. The new lock is improved, but they should cover it. But if youre out of warranty youre short. Anyways hope this helped. "

Edited by Jon Hagen 4/13/2013 18:32
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)