AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH Scout UTV
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hagey01
Posted 2/24/2012 18:54 (#2249309)
Subject: Case IH Scout UTV

oshawa, ontario
Anyone know who makes the Scout for Case? As well does anyone know if they're any good. There is a diesel at a local dealer I'm looking at.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
GreenhouseGuy
Posted 2/24/2012 19:02 (#2249329 - in reply to #2249309)
Subject: Re: Case IH Scout UTV

Piedmont, NC
Club car xtreme vehicle. Kubota Diesel. Mine has had minor trouble when new, but nothing major. So far so good. Will pull anything I put behind it. Pulled my dads old truck home over a mile. They have aluminum frames. My only gripe was the brakes at first. They are very hard and squeaked alot the first 100 hrs. But now I guess they are broke in and are quiet. Put 300 hrs on mine last year. Much better than my Gator was. The windshield is a joke, but I'm going to make a real one for it.

Edited by GreenhouseGuy 2/24/2012 19:06

(Scout6.jpg)

(scout5.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Scout6.jpg (57KB - 1000 downloads)
Attachments scout5.jpg (54KB - 1001 downloads)
GreenhouseGuy
Posted 2/24/2012 19:11 (#2249345 - in reply to #2249309)

Piedmont, NC
Also if you ever get one do not use hytrans in the trans or transfer case When you change those oils. My dealer was told by Case its is OK to use instead of what is recommended, but it made my transfer case "grab" alot when it was just turning. Dumped it out and found a Shell oil alternative and it has not happened since. I don't know what the difference was but it did not like that in it.

Edited by GreenhouseGuy 2/24/2012 19:12
hagey01
Posted 2/24/2012 19:26 (#2249369 - in reply to #2249345)

oshawa, ontario
Thanks for the info. I know the front diff's are auto locking limited slip but are the rear diff's auto locking or are they a solid shaft like a ATV? Thanks in advance again.
GreenhouseGuy
Posted 2/24/2012 19:38 (#2249392 - in reply to #2249369)

Piedmont, NC
I don't know about that. I do know I can take it wide open around my barn with snow on the ground and she will stay right on track! Ha HA!
Also The cables need dry lune every 100 hours or the parking cable seems to not fully disengage, but it does not do that anymore either. I know some will say its too slow, but its just fine for what I do. They don't rate them very high load weight, but that must be to cover their butts.... I've had 6 adults on mine with a load of sweet corn on a old tobaccoo trailer and she hummed right along. I think I had almost 100 dozen ears on it. And it was pure mud.

Edited by GreenhouseGuy 2/24/2012 19:43
hagey01
Posted 2/24/2012 19:46 (#2249410 - in reply to #2249392)

oshawa, ontario
Would you recommend it over a Gator HPX
GreenhouseGuy
Posted 2/24/2012 22:50 (#2249807 - in reply to #2249410)

Piedmont, NC
I can't say. I don't like the idea of Chinese engines, but it is faster. Gators are in the eye of the beholder, Most don't do enough real work to give any problems..... But mine was a headache. Of course I know much has changed on them. They are both too new to know for sure. If I didn't like the Scout, a Ranger xp 800 is light years ahead of any gator and rides much smoother. (They are still the top selling brand by far).The 500 is what most people think of and its ok, but not strong enough to do the big jobs.
dairy farmer
Posted 2/24/2012 23:19 (#2249888 - in reply to #2249309)
Subject: RE: Case IH Scout UTV

South central IL
Friend has one. It is a diesel he really likes. He bleeds IH red though. I have a gator 620i and it is easier to get in and out of. The engine in mine has had some issues of smoking really bad at times. Don't know for sure how that will turn out.
His brother claims only thing wrong with the scout is that it is loud. Otherwise they like it. I wouldn't be scared of it from what I have seen of it.
GreenhouseGuy
Posted 2/24/2012 23:41 (#2249953 - in reply to #2249888)

Piedmont, NC
Is your engine the gas? If it is its usually gas in the oil. Very, very Common problem. Could be the fuel pump, but it may need to get hotter and run longer than you are doing now. Is it a suction type pump or electric?These newer motors in all brands seem to get gas in the oil if its cold and you don't run it long. I have gone to just letting mine warm up for 10 minutes if I can. If its the diesel, yea they got some issues..... Deere guys will never tell you though. Too proud.
Hey, also If it is the diesel... I remember a freind had that problem in something else. I thought he said the engine had an enrichment sensor on it to make it richer when it was cold. Sensor went bad and it was flooding motor with too much fuel.

Edited by GreenhouseGuy 2/24/2012 23:46
Matthew2158
Posted 2/25/2016 14:37 (#5136911 - in reply to #2249345)

North Carolina
Old thread, but yes, use the factory recommended oil in trans and rear end. We have the Husqvarna version of the Scout (HUV4421D) diesel. I made the mistake of putting regular hydraulic oil in the trans and 80/90 in the rear diff since I couldn't find the recommended stuff. Eventually made the trans start grabbing badly. Long story short, we took it to the Husqvarna dealer and they/Husqvarna replaced some back clutch packs and put new (correct) fluid in it and problem solved...all under a "good will" warranty since we were out of warranty by the calendar. Husqvarna corporate had to order the right fluid; they did not even stock it!

Matthew
Matthew2158
Posted 2/25/2016 15:06 (#5136972 - in reply to #2249410)

North Carolina
My dad traded a diesel HPX we bought new for a new Husqvarna HUV4421D (same as IH Scout) mainly because of the front diff clicking/grinding noise known to the HPX. I like the intelligent auto 4x4 system on the HUV, alum. frame, ride height, standard 2" receiver, storage compartments, load capacity, and simply the way it handles. The Deere seems to be made just a bit "tougher" as far as the frame and bed/dump go. I'd be proud to own either one. My brother and I have both taken the HUV to places that would have challenged even an ATV (rock trails, steep deep rutted red-clay hunting trails) and it did OK. Wouldn't recommend it, but it did perform well. We recently had to replace the metal radiator cap on the HUV which had corroded inside and was letting coolant spew out the overflow tank. Overall, it's been a good machine and plan to keep it for a long time.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)