AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to get hard water stains off shower curtain?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 1/6/2012 12:43 (#2146364)
Subject: How to get hard water stains off shower curtain?

Blooming where I am planted!

We have a washable vinyl shower curtain that's starting to get a lot of hard water stains on it.  I usually wash it in the washer with some bleach, when I lived in Chicago, but we didn't have the hard water there that we have here.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
dairymanswife
Posted 1/6/2012 13:19 (#2146408 - in reply to #2146364)
Subject: RE: How to get hard water stains off shower curtain?

I use Tilex Fresh Shower spray every day after my shower, Dave uses it in his shower too. You hardly ever have to "clean" your shower if you use this. Just spray it on and walk away. I never used it on the curtain until a few months ago and noticed the curtain was getting kind of cruddy looking. So thought I would try it. After I turned off the water but was still in the shower I spritz the curtain and after about a week the curtain looked nice and clean too. So now I try and remember to do the curtain about once a week, but the regular shower gets done every day. Our water isn't hard, we have a water softener, but I think it should still work.
JohnW
Posted 1/6/2012 13:36 (#2146422 - in reply to #2146364)

NW Washington
Vinegar will dissolve hard water build up. Get a gallon of plain white vinegar and try soaking it. Maybe buying a new shower curtain would be cheaper and easier.
paulrad
Posted 1/6/2012 14:35 (#2146497 - in reply to #2146422)

Berks County Pa.
You would not need a gallon of vinegar. Probably a cup of vinegar to a gallon of water. Get the cheapest vinegar that you can find. Probably white vinegar.
iseedit
Posted 1/6/2012 16:04 (#2146597 - in reply to #2146364)

central - east central Minnesota -

amsunshine - 1/6/2012 11:43

We have a washable vinyl shower curtain that's starting to get a lot of hard water stains on it.  I usually wash it in the washer with some bleach, when I lived in Chicago, but we didn't have the hard water there that we have here.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA.

The nice thing about vinyl shower curtains - they are thow a way.
Very inexpensive at Walmart or even Tar'jay (Target). As cheap as I am, I don't mind the wife getting a new curtain every so offen . . . . . lol
If that isn't possible, CLR (calcium, lime, rust) should take it off, if the vinager doesn't.Vinager would be least costly . . . . .

Thud
Posted 1/6/2012 17:03 (#2146655 - in reply to #2146597)
Subject: Re: How to get hard water stains off shower curtain?

Near-north Ontario, French River
Had a cat once that had hard water stains what I did was...............oh wait nevermind...
amsunshine
Posted 1/6/2012 21:21 (#2147194 - in reply to #2146364)

Blooming where I am planted!

Thanks everyone, I put the curtain in the washing machine, added some towels, and a cup of vinegar and some detergent.  Washed on hot, pulled out before the cold rinse, and it was beautiful!  Very clean and clear.  Thank you!

Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 1/7/2012 09:09 (#2147928 - in reply to #2147194)

SW Ohio
If you have hard water and are not used to it, stock up on vinegar and "The Works" toilet cleaner, you will need it for the coffee pot, washing machine, dish washer etc.
bharzman
Posted 1/10/2012 07:38 (#2153196 - in reply to #2147928)
Subject: Re: How to get hard water stains off shower curtain?

North Central Kansas
buy a new one?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)