AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rear rims for David Brown Tractor
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JD Farm 3
Posted 8/20/2010 21:01 (#1324474)
Subject: Rear rims for David Brown Tractor

NW Illinois
I have a guy looking for rear tractor tire rims for a David Brown tractor. I dont no anything about them, but from my research it appears that they were a spin off of Case. Im not sure of the model number, but the rim size is: 18.4 X 30 X 15.30. They have "J" sldes on the rims and I guess Allis Chalmers uses them?? I dont know for sure. Does anyone know where a pair of these rims can be located? The guy is wanting new rims. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RodInNS
Posted 8/20/2010 21:10 (#1324492 - in reply to #1324474)
Subject: RE: Rear rims for David Brown Tractor

Brown was an English tractor/gear company. The tractor division was acquired by Case in the early/mid 70's. I'd think that the wheels would be fairly standard. Either Case/IH or probably A&I could supply them. If nothing else, Unverferth could make them to spec for probably not much more money than anything else in that size. Quality... I'd probably go to Unverferth over A&I...

Rod
kstate90
Posted 8/20/2010 21:24 (#1324512 - in reply to #1324474)

North Central Kansas
Did you try your tire guy? They should have someone that can order the rims. That is where I got mine for my magnum when it split. I realize that the magnum is a little more common than the David Brown but they should have a listing. Which model of David Brown is it? There were some sold around here in the 70's. I have a farm that has a dead one on it. I can remember when my landlord bought that tractor brand new. I was probably 6-7 years old. We had 656 internationals at the time and the David Brown had all kinds of gear shifts and it was a totally different deal. I still have the last 656 we bought. Still going today.
Plow79
Posted 8/20/2010 21:37 (#1324533 - in reply to #1324474)

Chilliwack BC
Both our 780 and 880 have common weld on lugs on the rims and the rims can be purchased at any machinery dealer or tire store. I think you are describing power rims, which are 3 times the price for the rim.

(david brown.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments david brown.jpg (53KB - 285 downloads)
JD Farm 3
Posted 8/20/2010 21:45 (#1324552 - in reply to #1324533)
Subject: Re: Rear rims for David Brown Tractor

NW Illinois
Thanks for all the input. I am going to try to call a couple of places tomorrow and see what they say. If there are any other ideas please let me know!
bshannon
Posted 8/20/2010 21:56 (#1324564 - in reply to #1324474)

The rims sound like power adjust rims. We have a 1690 Case (rebadged David Brown) that has this type of rim.
RickB
Posted 8/21/2010 05:40 (#1324898 - in reply to #1324552)

Lincoln County. NC
Any Unverfurth dealer can get Power Adjust rims. Rim diameter & width, # of rails, and whether the drillings for the locks are parallel to the axle or 90 degrees to the rail are the pertinent questions.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)