AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Township road shoulder reclaimer
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cornking
Posted 3/22/2010 21:22 (#1131691)
Subject: Township road shoulder reclaimer

Sharon, ND
Has anyone ever seen a 3 point mounter road reclaimer. I has a section of a heavy disk that is angled to throw the gravel back on to the road and chop up the sod. Or does anyone have any other sugesstions to bring the shoulder of the roads in. thanks alot
Top of the page Bottom of the page
iseedit
Posted 3/22/2010 21:33 (#1131714 - in reply to #1131691)
Subject: RE: Township road shoulder reclaimer

central - east central Minnesota -
Our twp has one, but it set up for the mowing tractors 3pt hitch. It works good - but our twp roads are in very good shape. They recieve gravel each year and are crowned properly.

(shoulder.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments shoulder.jpg (3KB - 762 downloads)
RCT
Posted 3/22/2010 21:43 (#1131739 - in reply to #1131714)

S.C. Minn

One local contractor bought one and contracted with local townships a while back.  Not sure if he still does that or not. 

One township owns one near me, has used it for quite a few years, the problem I see is now there is there is such a sharp drop off along side of the roads that if a wagon full of grain got too far over to the side it would tip over very easily.  But I don't think you need to use one of those reclaimers every year.

DIESEL3439
Posted 3/22/2010 21:45 (#1131745 - in reply to #1131691)
Subject: Re: Township road shoulder reclaimer

SW Wisconsin
We used one on our roads and worked OK. It does reclaim some of the gravel, but in some places you create a double ditch. Still have to use the grader. Long term fix,seal coat the roads.
Cornking
Posted 3/22/2010 21:59 (#1131798 - in reply to #1131745)

Sharon, ND
Our roads are W shaped now and we need to get it fixed do ya know how much that they cost and where to get them.. Also are you able to make roads wider that have growen grass along the shoulder

Thanks
Smoothlander
Posted 3/22/2010 22:15 (#1131840 - in reply to #1131691)

Here is a link to a thread I started back in January about a machine called the "Windrow Buster".

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=147520&posts=2...

We have a disk that we made for reclaiming gravel from the ditches, the problem we have is all the sod that it brings with the gravel.

Edited by Smoothlander 3/22/2010 22:16
redtractor
Posted 3/22/2010 22:31 (#1131880 - in reply to #1131840)

I am looking for one of these for my township. Just want a used one, cant afford a new one. i would like to oil and chip all my roads, but oil at $2.00 per gallon or more is making that impossible for us to do. If you know of a used reclaimer please let me know. thanks!! Eric 217-248-1517, [email protected]
fieldman
Posted 3/23/2010 06:23 (#1132209 - in reply to #1131880)

Northwest, Ohio
Our township had two built, a left and a right hand pull. Alternate use depending on which one was used last.They use a blade that pulls the berm up and spreads back down. Need to spray with Roundup a few weeks before, because it doesn't like trash. It clumps.
We maintain a 36" berm. This is necessary to keep water from puddling close to pavement and support the edge of the road.
Most roads are done twice per year. Heavy traffic, more often to prevent a drop off/chuck holes along edge.
These work much like a track doctor if you've seen one of them.
Stacy
Posted 3/23/2010 07:59 (#1132276 - in reply to #1131691)

Triplett / Brunswick MO / Brookfield
Our local state dept uses one. I hate it, everytime they use it !!! But, I think with the right operator, and some coman sense, there might be situations where it would be a valuable tool. But, I have never seen results here, that weren't worse than before it was used.
Cliff SEIA
Posted 3/23/2010 09:27 (#1132405 - in reply to #1131745)

They tried seal coating a couple miles of gravel road here and added a second layer a couple of years later but it only lasted a few years.  They have since graveled over the seal coat to fix the pot holes.  The seal coat was great at first but it didn't hold up to semi's very good.
Stick-eye
Posted 3/23/2010 09:36 (#1132416 - in reply to #1132276)

NEND
They do what they say, reclaim gravel. But they also reclaim alot of sod and dirt. Last couple times the township did it around here it rained right after and the roads were a slimy mess. Not too many guys around here impressed so they havn't done it since.
JRthefarmer
Posted 3/23/2010 12:28 (#1132578 - in reply to #1131691)

SESD
It seems like there is more dirt than gravel on our township roads. What we did on a 1/2 mile stretch where there was a 12"-18" shoulder over the height of the road was use a dirt mover and hauled it to low spots in the field. Now the water runs into the ditch like it is supposed to and not so much of a danger to traffic. Worked great and doesn't ruin the gravel that is on the road. Seems like when they pull the shoulder onto the road, the road is SH#$.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)