AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Monitor Mount in Case IH Magnum 7140/EZ Steer?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

D21
Posted 2/25/2010 23:05 (#1094483)
Subject: Monitor Mount in Case IH Magnum 7140/EZ Steer?

NEMO
I am going to put a 500 and EZ Steer in a couple of Magnum tractors. Anybody have any tips/pictures of how they have mounted displays in their Magnum tractors? Also, where have you mounted the T2 box?

Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JAR
Posted 2/25/2010 23:58 (#1094574 - in reply to #1094483)
Subject: RE: Monitor Mount in Case IH Magnum 7140/EZ Steer?

Madision County, IL
We mounted the 500 in the upper right hand corner using the corner post and RAM Mount. The T2 controller was mounted on the back ledge of the cab by the window. The connectors were facing forward.

I don't have any pictures.

Good luck!!!!

Jay
zupar
Posted 2/26/2010 02:48 (#1094668 - in reply to #1094574)
Subject: Re: Monitor Mount in Case IH Magnum 7140/EZ Steer?

mounted monitor by attaching small post to sun visor holes and attaching ram mount to post. attached ez controller to back of cab left of seat (cables down) by removing plastic trim below rear window. putting a steal plate bent at an angle to rest on top and against back of steel cab frame and long enough to have four mounting bolts welded to it poked through the 2 inch foam below plastic trim when reinstalled. glued it to cab with silicone. attached ez steer mounting plate between 2 nuts on the end of bolts in front of foam.
lorenand
Posted 2/26/2010 08:28 (#1094799 - in reply to #1094483)

Northwest Iowa
Here is the bracket that I made in my 8920 Magnum. Just 2 half in straps spaced so that you can mount any thing along the length of it and bolted to the front and rear corner posts. At the rear post there is actually a threaded nut in the post under the corner post insulation.

Loren

(IMG_3088.jpg)

(IMG_3092.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3088.jpg (80KB - 927 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3092.jpg (61KB - 759 downloads)
mx240cb
Posted 2/26/2010 09:50 (#1094931 - in reply to #1094483)

We mounted our T2 controller under the seat with the connectors facing forward. We took the seat out and screwed a plate to the floor (through the rubber mat). The plate had bolts welded to it so we can use wing nuts to quickly remove it to take it to the other tractors.

In the picture, you can see off to the right, we use some inch tubing to make a bar that went from rear post to front post. We used to have planter monitor, Raven, and planter marker box mounted there, but now its just marker box and the EZ 500.

The Insight took the place of the planter monitor and the Raven and I used the angle piece that was on the post to mount my RAM ball up there.

Might modify it a little for this spring, the Insight wobbled a little too much last spring, need to solidify my bracket some.

(IMG_0598_compressed.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0598_compressed.JPG (23KB - 735 downloads)
40DODGE
Posted 2/26/2010 10:24 (#1094968 - in reply to #1094483)

W. Kansas
We've mounted most 500's by taking the sunshade down like mentioned above. We mount the T2 on the LH side of the seat down on the floor, take one of the nuts holding the seat down and mount it there. Pretty quick and firmly mounted. Can't find my pictures, sorry.
nwksmilo
Posted 2/26/2010 20:44 (#1095673 - in reply to #1094968)
Subject: Re: Monitor Mount in Case IH Magnum 7140/EZ Steer?

Colby, KS
I have a EzGuide 250 and EzSteer in a 7250.

I have a long monitor bar on the right front cornerpost. (CNH has a bolt-on monitor bar that goes on the factory brackets. They have a long one and short one.) The 250 goes on the bar with a RAM mount and arm.

I put the T2 controller on the floor in the right front corner by the fusebox. I put bolts through the floormat from underneath and ran a nut down so they don't spin. Then I set the T2 down over these "studs" and spin nuts down on it. I went this way because I move the T2 back and forth between my tractor and sprayer and wanted it easy to get to. I'd rather have put it under the seat, but it's hard to get to. I have a kid that likes to ride in the tractor, so left side of the seat was out of the question. And the plastic behind the seat in the rear window seems too shaky for it. So I opted for the floormat.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)