AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Warranty issues buying Milwaukee tools online?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 11/23/2018 07:59 (#7122478)
Subject: Warranty issues buying Milwaukee tools online?

NW KS/ SC ID

Hey all,

I am going to pull the trigger this year on some Milwaukee cordless tools, and was curious about warranty.

Will I run into issues buying a tool from a reputable e-bay seller, or am I better off going with a dedicated site like Ace Tool, or Home Depot?

Also, in the case of Home Depot, is the 2 year warranty worthwhile, or skip it? They claim it starts when the original warranty runs out, so it would stretch it out to 7 years.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
DJ
Posted 11/23/2018 08:34 (#7122551 - in reply to #7122478)
Subject: RE: Warranty issues buying Milwaukee tools online?

Central Illinois
I would stay with a reputable dealer. Not all tools are the same even from the same manufacturer.

nrharris03
Posted 11/23/2018 09:47 (#7122668 - in reply to #7122478)

Benton County Iowa
If I were you I would check out acme tools. They have a location in Cedar Rapids Iowa. Very good dealer that cater to contractors. No cheap big box junk. They are also running some black friday deals so might get a bargain.
Fingers77
Posted 11/23/2018 10:03 (#7122695 - in reply to #7122478)

For warranty it's by serial number, doesn't really matter where purchased from.

Heed what the other posters said also check model numbers carefully.
Cliff SEIA
Posted 11/23/2018 10:22 (#7122721 - in reply to #7122551)

Not all tools are the same but I'm 99.9% sure that if you buy a 2767 Milwaukee high torque impact for example it is exactly the same tool regardless of where its sold. What you have to watch for is is lower performance or one generation outdated tools which might have the same subscription. I've noticed that very few of the combo tool kits have the latest and greatest tools in them, they tend to be cheaper tools to look like a better deal.
MU1979
Posted 11/23/2018 10:39 (#7122756 - in reply to #7122478)

Missouri

Had good luck with CPO reconditioned Milwaukee.  This link is to a new tool.  Think is is $50 less than HD.

https://www.cpooutlets.com/milwaukee-2662-21-m18-18v-cordless-1-2-in--lithium-ion-high-torque-impact-wrench-kit/miln2662-21,default,pd.html

NENDBanker
Posted 11/23/2018 15:14 (#7123064 - in reply to #7122668)

I had a friend by a DeWalt saw at a big box store. Took it home and was not happy with the performance. Brought it to Acme to have it checked out. They asked him for the receipt, which he had. Showed bought at Menards. They could not warranty it as Menards Dewalt tools are of lessor quality than the Commercial Quality they sold. He would have to return it to Menards or work directly with DeWalt. He then purchased a Commercial saw from Acme. Looked like the same saw. Took it home and was a world of difference. The Big Box Stores Quality is not the same, even if it has the Same brand Name. Go to Acme or another Commercial Store and you will be much happier. For some jobs the Big Box stuff may be OK, but for tough jobs they are not.
GM Guy
Posted 11/23/2018 20:31 (#7123604 - in reply to #7122478)

NW KS/ SC ID
Thanks for the advice everyone!

I ended up pulling the trigger at Acmetools.com

I got the Milwaukee Fuel 1/2 drive 2767-21 kit, which appears to be a full blown high-torque Milwaukee Fuel brushless impact, but unlike the -22 kit with a hot battery, it appears the -21 kit was engineered for black friday, and is a lower capacity battery to bring the price down.

I also got a non-fuel cordless grinder. I really wanted the Fuel, but hey, when you can buy the plain one for 79 and they throw in another battery, kinda hard to justify 100 dollars more and no battery for the Fuel. Plus, for what this one will be doing, it might be sucking dirt anyways (polishing v-plow blades in the field) so no use spending too much.

Edited by GM Guy 11/23/2018 20:35
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)