AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Klutch tools in northern tool catalog any good?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

gilb2you
Posted 12/27/2016 18:46 (#5726535)
Subject: Klutch tools in northern tool catalog any good?

NE mt
I was wondering how they compare to say name brand and like harbor freight type tools. Somewhere in the middle? Due to unforeseen circumstances I am in need of a bunch of tools. Everyday use I want high quality but occasional use would consider cheaper tools but want better than harbor freight quality however I know they have some good items as well and plan on getting some of them as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rollinsorchards
Posted 12/27/2016 19:32 (#5726652 - in reply to #5726535)
Subject: RE: Klutch tools in northern tool catalog any good?

Garland Maine

Never tried the Klutch tools, but a local tool store carries GRIP brand (Grand Rapids Industrial Products) I own several of their 24 piece wrench sets, last ones were $24.99 each. Works out to a buck a wrench and a plastic roll to keep them organized. I have not managed to break, bend, or otherwise damage any of these wrenches. Have lost a few though. The plastic organizer is good for about 3 months. Of course 15/16ths isn't included in the set but is common enough on my junk that I need to have one.

http://www.gripontools.net/store/product.php?id=89358

also available on Amazon. 

Tim in WI
Posted 12/27/2016 20:04 (#5726734 - in reply to #5726535)

Embarrass WI
I think they are just fine but I think Harbor Freight tools are just fine as well. I don't know if the Klutch brand are significantly better than HF.

30 years ago HF stuff was kinda shaky, nowadays their hand tools are pretty indestructible, in my experience. HF power tools are not my first choice, even though they are crazy cheap.
nw_bearcat
Posted 12/27/2016 20:19 (#5726787 - in reply to #5726535)

Top middle of MO. land of green hills and grass
I have one of their compact 1/2" impacts I've been beating on for several years now. Just now starting to show signs of weakness, so I've been pleased with it anyway.
Trint
Posted 12/27/2016 21:17 (#5726958 - in reply to #5726535)

North Central OH
Hand tools think they are about the same quality as HF, drill bits maybe a bit better. I wouldn't be afraid of the pittsburg stuff from harbor freight, haven't broken a single piece of it yet, power tools are hit or miss.
aarontractorman
Posted 12/27/2016 21:43 (#5727030 - in reply to #5726958)

Monroe NC
I have the metric long handle full polished set of Klutch wrenches from northern tools, and the impact swivels as well as a couple hammers. They have been very nice, I use them everyday at work. The bad thing about HF or pittsburg is that they skip too many sizes. For ex. they don't make an 18mm and some sets don't have 13 and or 15mm. if you run JD equipment these are a must and I cant deal with a set that doesn't have all the sizes. They are the same with 3/8 impact sockets. I wont buy them. Overall i have been extremely pleased with my Klutch stuff. Buy good ratchets you will be thankful later.
ACobb4020
Posted 12/28/2016 06:55 (#5727408 - in reply to #5726734)

North Central, NC
I have a few klutch wrenches that I have bought for lost ones out of my sets. (9/16, 1/2, etc) I also have the pittsburgh fully polished wrench sets that I bought just to leave in a tractor tool box thinking if I lost them I wasnt out much money. I have been impressed with them for the prices but kinda hard to mess up a wrench unless its an operator error. Ive had good luck with Harbor Freight stuff for the most part but just like anything every now and then you get let down. Bought one of their ball joint service kits for $89 and after second truck I ended up buying a nice c-press. The adapters were fine but the press wasnt up to par. Paid as much for a nice press as I did for the entire Harbor Freight kit. You gotta take the good with the bad sometimes.

Edit to add pic...

Edited by ACobb4020 12/28/2016 06:56

(IMG_0320.JPG)

(IMG_0319.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0320.JPG (110KB - 289 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0319.JPG (121KB - 289 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)