AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cnc plasma table
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihpuller
Posted 11/4/2015 22:50 (#4877759)
Subject: Cnc plasma table

alabama
I'm interested in a plasma table . I'm looking at a dyna torch brand .anyone have one ? Or other brand or to stay away from
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cfcdjb
Posted 11/5/2015 05:25 (#4877879 - in reply to #4877759)
Subject: RE: Cnc plasma table

Roann In.
Do NOT touch Burn Table from a firm in Texas. Warranty is not worth the paper it is written on, no support from the distributor in Michigan and TOTAL junk components. We wound up with a Torchmate from Lincoln and it is and has been a treat to work with.
Bruised Spud
Posted 11/5/2015 05:49 (#4877909 - in reply to #4877879)

Chaffee, Western New York
Wow. Fantasy land for me.

Used first generation of HD industrial machines are cheap as cutters look to upgrade quality. Kioke Aronson has a track design that not everyone likes in a factory setting. Optical machines that I want but will never have space for have been at "get it out of here" prices.

dale8670
Posted 11/5/2015 06:01 (#4877926 - in reply to #4877759)

SE Iowa
I have a plasma cam really like it, has been trouble free so far have cut upto 3/4" with it. There are a couple good forums all about tables that could give you more info on what brand is best. The software for plasma cam was easy to learn.
welder6013
Posted 11/5/2015 07:44 (#4878136 - in reply to #4877926)

Trivoli, Illinois
Here is a big machine tool show that goes on once a year in Chicago it would be worth going to because you could talk to all the different manufacturers.

http://www.fabtechexpo.com/?gclid=CIjWu5q0-cgCFQumaQodhnkOOA
KnowAFarmer
Posted 11/5/2015 07:46 (#4878143 - in reply to #4877759)

SE Nebraska
I have a 4x8 Star-Lab table from Bulltear. Bought it last year on the recommendation of a fellow AgTalker. Looked at the PlasmaCam, but for the price, I feel the Bulltear table is a much better design. Running a Hypertherm PowerMax 65 and cutting 3/4" with it. Also have it set up for a flame torch to cut 1"+. Matt @ Bulltear is a great guy to work with and very knowledgeable.
http://www.plasmaland.com/product_info.php?products_id=38

Edited by KnowAFarmer 11/5/2015 19:37
btruck
Posted 11/5/2015 09:39 (#4878366 - in reply to #4877909)

MN
Only thing to watch on the used industrial machines is the controls and plasma machine. Some are obsolete and hard to get parts for.

Having said that, I put a new controller and a Hypertherm plasma on a used industrial machine and it works fine for me.
jimcolt
Posted 11/5/2015 22:37 (#4879835 - in reply to #4877759)

ihpuller - 11/4/2015 22:50

I'm interested in a plasma table . I'm looking at a dyna torch brand .anyone have one ? Or other brand or to stay away from

There are about 25 different manufacturers of cnc plasma machines in the "entry level" class (under $20k) and another 75 or so that produce "light Industrial" (between $20k and $60k) and "Industrial" grade cnc plasma's that can cost a million dollars. The entry level class has improved dramatically over the last 10 years with easier to learn and use software, better performing height control systems (necessary for good cut quality), as well as better speed range capability (machines should be able to cut at over 300 inches per minute when cutting thin materials for best results).

Look at the companies that have a large installed base such as Plasmacam, Torchmate, Arc Light Dynamics, Dynatorch, and others. Companies that have a lot of machines in the field generally have improved their machines based on feedback from their many customers. Be careful when looking at extremely low cost machines. Put on a good plasma cutter as well.....

Jim Colt Hypertherm
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)