AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TKO Cleaner
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hd 21
Posted 9/7/2014 20:10 (#4061396)
Subject: TKO Cleaner

NW OH
Anybody have any dealings with TKO Chemicals? It is an all purpose cleaner.
TIA.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Colorblind
Posted 9/7/2014 23:47 (#4061878 - in reply to #4061396)
Subject: RE: TKO Cleaner

ND
Where are you from?

There was a guy in our area a couple weeks ago selling the stuff. He walked around the yard cleaning stuff for 45 minutes and everything he went after cleaned up. I was really impressed but pretty skeptical of a traveling salesman from clear across the country. The stuff was super spendy, but I ended up buying some to try it. A few days ago I blew a hydraulic hose on my skid steer and it shot the oil under the bottom of the cab. I completely soaked one leg from the knee down in oil. I came home and soaked my jeans, socks, and shoe in a mix of dish soap and TKO juice. Then I ran them through the wash machine with oxy clean and TKO. If you look really close you can still see where the oil stain was. Anyone who doesn't know about it will never be able to tell. That's the first time I've ever been able to get hydraulic oil out of my clothes. So far I give it a thumbs up.
hd 21
Posted 9/8/2014 06:41 (#4061995 - in reply to #4061878)

NW OH
Im from nw oh.
Salesman sold 8 gal here when i wasn't. Pricy, wow. Tried to call company, ended up canceled check. Never heard or seen anybody about returning product. Hm.
ekeller2
Posted 9/8/2014 07:09 (#4062031 - in reply to #4061396)

So. IL
Stopped in here this spring. I sent them packing. Super clean from Walmart is $7 a gallon and what I use.
Brandon SWIA
Posted 9/8/2014 08:44 (#4062209 - in reply to #4061878)

In a moment of weakness i bought a couple gallon. They use terry cloths and a lot of elbow grease in their demonstrations. Soapy water will do a lot if used that way. It smells caustic enough that i don't think it is just foo foo juice. Works good on getting bugs off chrome. I doubt if it is wort the price. They will come down quite a ways. The sales people will tell you about anything.
mca
Posted 9/8/2014 11:02 (#4062369 - in reply to #4061396)

Southern Ontario
About 10 years ago I took my (then 4 year old) girl skating outdoors. We came home happy but my wife discovered a thick "tar like" stain on a brand new snowsuit.
My wife said the new, one day old snowsuit was ruined.
My neighbour came to the rescue with a product called "Orange TKO" it cleaned the mess right up 100% and we were all very happy.
Label said it was made with oil from orange rind or peels.
Later that year I was at a farmshow and someone was selling that same Orange TKO. He was asking $25 for a quart. (I think I paid $20).
I successfully used the product many times on the farm and it saved my skin many times when the kids got into a greasy mess.
I really liked the product but I did not like the price and it seemed only sporadically available through random fairs and farmshows here in Canada.
Then about 3 years ago I found a similar product in Home Depot -- it is called Zep Commercial, Heavy Duty Citrus Degreaser.
In Canada it is only about $12.00 per gallon and also comes with a nice quart sized spray bottle.
UPC code here is 2170900859.
The Zep, Home Depot product seems to work similar to the expensive and strangely marketed TKO stuff.
Hope this helps.

MCA
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)