AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Holland dozers?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jtmcc57
Posted 12/17/2007 22:42 (#262867)
Subject: New Holland dozers?

Bloomfield, KY.
Been thinking about maybe buying a small dozer. Figured Cat, Deere, Komatsu, and maybe Case would be the brands to look at. So far, the best buy I have seen is a New Holland. I didn't even know they sold bulldozers.

Has anyone had any experience with a NH?

Jack
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JohnW
Posted 12/18/2007 02:04 (#262964 - in reply to #262867)
Subject: RE: New Holland dozers?

NW Washington
Are they rebadged Fiat-Allis or Case dozers? Looks like they use a hydrostatic drive system for a transmission and steering.

http://construction.newholland.com/products/series.aspx?navid=167&R...
Larry NCKS
Posted 12/18/2007 05:51 (#262983 - in reply to #262867)

Washington, Kansas & Lincoln, Nebraska
my dirt contractor had one once. He bought it new. It didn't stay around too long. He cited lack of parts support as the biggest issue. This was back when they first started badging them NH. I don't know whether NH has improved since then or not.
jtmcc57
Posted 12/18/2007 08:17 (#263017 - in reply to #262964)

Bloomfield, KY.
Thanks, John W. They are a Case. Well, duh. I guess I should have figured that one out. My experience is limited to Deere, and the pros around here all have Cat or Komatsu. So now my question is does anyone have experience with Case dozers? Are they pretty reliable?

Jack
jtmcc57
Posted 12/18/2007 08:21 (#263020 - in reply to #262983)

Bloomfield, KY.
Parts might be an issue here, too, since the nearest NH CE dealer is 70 or so miles away. The other brands I mentioned all have dealers that are much closer.

Since I now know that NH is the same as Case, I suppose I could use the Case dealer for parts.

Jack
RodInNS
Posted 12/18/2007 08:56 (#263033 - in reply to #263017)

Are you sure that they're actually Case dozers? I've never really looked into it but always had the idea that they were of a Fiat heritage. Fact is, I don't know.
I know the excavators are a basic Hitachi design, but powered by Cummins engines. Case excavators are too for that matter...
My preference here would still be on Cat for the simple reason that Cat has a better parts system 'here'. Atlantic Tractors is very strong, good servicing dealer 'here'. NewHolland.... not so much anymore. There was a day when NOBODY had a better parts system than Ford/NH. That went downhill, and downhill fast after the Case merger. I had the rather unique experience this past summer of having to go to Atlantic Tractors to get 2 axle lock tabs for a Ford rear end that was common to Cat backhoes. He didn't have a direct cross, but had inventory at another store. Brought it in overnight at no charge, matched it on the counter, and off I went...
NEVER forget the little things like that. If Nh can do that where you're at, great.... but they don't here anymore.

Rod
Indy500
Posted 12/18/2007 09:35 (#263046 - in reply to #263020)
Subject: Re: New Holland dozers?

CND
I run a NH Payloader for snow removal. Small 80 hp one, Italian made, had a lot of small problems. I would have to think Cat or JD service would be better. Don't know about dozers though.
trailcutter
Posted 12/18/2007 09:52 (#263055 - in reply to #263020)
Subject: RE: not so fast....

WC MO
My understanding is that CNH is being very careful not to mix the Case and New Holland construction brands in North America. At least that was the verbage they were giving when the Fiat buyout took place.

I doubt you can buy NH parts at a Case dealer in the U.S.
Jay NE Ohio
Posted 12/18/2007 12:31 (#263133 - in reply to #263055)

northeastern Ohio

It looks like they may be the same now.  The 650k, 750k, and 850k look VERY similiar to the D75, D85, and D95 in specs and in pictures.  I did a parts search and the 650 and d75 use the same fan belt.  Here are some pics from the websites.

I have a Case 1150E and an old 1150 (1974 vintage) and they are both reliable machines.  I can get parts from my CIH dealer (he has the Case skidloader line) or from a Case construction dealer.  I can access parts books online for both machines at www.casece.com .

Edited by Jay NE Ohio 12/18/2007 12:32
jtmcc57
Posted 12/18/2007 12:53 (#263146 - in reply to #263033)

Bloomfield, KY.
Rod---I think you & I are both half right. The current NH's are spec'd identically to Case according to the comparison chart on the Case website. However, the used one I am looking at has the Cummins engine, so it might be a Fiat. I will have to check closer on this tonight when I have time.

Jack
RodInNS
Posted 12/18/2007 14:00 (#263192 - in reply to #263133)

It's not that you
can't get parts' from Case/NH. It's that you can't get parts in a timely manner when you need parts. The problem goes to the very core of their inventory management system. They're in the business of managing their parts system in the most economically feasable manner, not in managing the parts system in the most customer service friendly manner which can provide overnight parts.
You'll likely find that fast turnover parts will be located in a lot of depot's. Slower turnover stuff will be spread out over a variety of depot's. Slow moving stuff is basically always on back order. They're running it too tight to provide timely support. On top of that the dealer network doesn't carry near the inventory that most Cat dealers carry. I can see that to a point. Nobody can today without deep pockets.... but Cat dealers seem to be larger and do carry more stuff.
Somebody in the system somewhere has to carry it and be able to deliver it overnight or it's going to cost you a lot of downtime. That's something that's really started to hurt us with Ford gear the last couple years. I'd keep that in mind because that's a mentality that starts right at the very top of that organization...

Rod
RodInNS
Posted 12/18/2007 14:01 (#263193 - in reply to #263192)
Subject: Opps... I meant to post this above.. N/T

n.t
deereman23
Posted 12/18/2007 14:54 (#263231 - in reply to #263020)

Bardstown,KY
I don't know how big you want but I noticed a little dozer on J@Gs lot today for sale. We bought a Cat 939 loader last summer around 22000lbs , not a big machine but very handy. If I see anything else i'll let you know.
jtmcc57
Posted 12/18/2007 20:44 (#263448 - in reply to #263231)

Bloomfield, KY.
Thanks, I'll check that out in the next day or two.

Jack
JoeinTX
Posted 12/19/2007 00:55 (#263685 - in reply to #263146)

The original New Holland smaller dozers DC70/80/100 (as well as their Fiat-Allis equivalents) were manufactured by the Italian company Macmoter who produced some equipment for F-A. They are still building these machines today under their own name.

http://www.macmoter.com/linea_prodotti.asp?id=6

The current stock of Case/New Holland dozers (DC75/85/etc) are in fact virtually the same machine designed primarily by Case with minor differences for each paint job.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)