AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Prunig Snowball Bush
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

popjohn
Posted 2/17/2013 21:05 (#2906653)
Subject: Prunig Snowball Bush

When is the correct time to prune a snowball bush -- now or right after it blooms?? I don't want to trim it at the wrong and make it not bloom.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Little Duck
Posted 2/17/2013 21:39 (#2906748 - in reply to #2906653)
Subject: Re: Prunig Snowball Bush

South East Illinois
Snowball bushes are a type of viburnum, a spring flowering shrub that blooms on old wood. Snowball bushes should be pruned as soon as the flowers fade, this allows the shrub time to develop the buds needed to flower the next year. Only prune your snowball shrub to removed diseased, dead and broken wood. Snowball bushes can be deadheaded to keep the shrub neat, but it's not necessary. If your snowball bush has become too large for the place it is planted in, consider moving the bush to a more appropriate spot rather than giving it a severe pruning.
I just googled it.
dieseler
Posted 2/18/2013 06:28 (#2907130 - in reply to #2906653)
Subject: Re: Prunig Snowball Bush

Southeast IN.
I have been pruning a snowball bush for around 10 years. I always pruned after the blooms fell off. Sometimes as much as a month a two. It always seems like it is the hottest day of year when I do it. It is always full of blooms. After a while the bush got really big and out of control. Two years ago I cut it off about 6 inches above the ground. It is about waist high again and never missed a beat on blooming.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)