AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tool box drawer liners
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dave F
Posted 1/30/2007 22:31 (#96815)
Subject: Tool box drawer liners

Southeast MN
A new tool chest followed me home. Do you use any of the foam or nonskid liners to keep tools from sliding around? (A CPL box wasn't in the budget and I don't carry it in the pickup very often.)

My wife has some nonskid cupboard liners that seem like they would work well, but she might not let me borrow them for a test drive.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hawken Cougar
Posted 1/30/2007 23:40 (#96864 - in reply to #96815)
Subject: RE: Tool box drawer liners

So. IL
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/search.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&keyword...

Look at the liner roll if you cannot find pre-cut liners the right size to fit your tool box.

Matt neoh
Posted 1/31/2007 05:58 (#96910 - in reply to #96815)

I thought the liners were on the pricey side a couple of years ago when i bought my tool box so I had some 1/8 underlay ply wood and used it seams to work ok.
gr ecks
Posted 1/31/2007 07:07 (#96924 - in reply to #96815)

I bought a roll of it from Mac Tools several years ago. Works good. I think the roll was about $30-35 if I am thinking right. It did my whole box with some left over, good sized box. I could check the new catalog and see how much is in the roll and how much now.
99guy
Posted 1/31/2007 08:05 (#96937 - in reply to #96815)

North Central MO
Have a Lowes near? This is about the best I have found. Use it in a tool box on service truck, keeps thngs in place pretty well. Have used other styles in the past with less favorible results on the non slip department.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productList&Ntt=liner&Ntk=i_t...
JJS
Posted 1/31/2007 08:51 (#96956 - in reply to #96815)

Southern Lower Michigan
I went to the local Big Lots, and bought some of the heavy nonslip shelf liner.
It works better than the foam type panels that came with the box, that I bought, and is cheaper than other tool drawer liners that I could find, and stays put more.
Only thing is you have to cut it to fit your drawers. On the plus side, you can choose your color.
Joe
the other green
Posted 1/31/2007 09:51 (#96992 - in reply to #96815)

I bought a roll of tool box liner at my local hardware store last fall. Wish I'd put it in when I bought the tool box 8 years ago! I like to keep all the wrenches in order and the liner stops everything being piled up against the back of the drawer, especially when some of the tool users open and close the drawers like they're opening and closing the doors on a 35 year-old pickup truck.

I didn't put liner in the small drawers, too full anyway or the large bottom one that I keep my hammers and heel bars in.

Edited by the other green 1/31/2007 09:52
scurfman
Posted 1/31/2007 10:38 (#97015 - in reply to #96815)
Subject: Re: Tool box drawer liners (pics)

Sunnyside, WA
Took a couple hours but was worth it. Used a 1/2" thick foam pad from sears with an 1/8 rubber backing underneath. Hardest part was laying out how I wanted the tools, what didn't make it into the cut-outs is loosely stored in the lower drawers.

(Toolbox1.jpg)

(Toolbox2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Toolbox1.jpg (92KB - 148 downloads)
Attachments Toolbox2.jpg (65KB - 131 downloads)
Jon
Posted 1/31/2007 14:38 (#97097 - in reply to #97015)

Callao Missouri
How do you like that flexable dial indicator base, I am not compleetly sold on the one I have. I just dont quite trust it like I do the old pole and clamp stile. Jon
scurfman
Posted 1/31/2007 14:45 (#97102 - in reply to #97097)

Sunnyside, WA
I was, for years, an adherent to the post style bases.  I bought the flexible one only because it was on sale and had a strong magnet at the base.  I've since used the flexible one for almost everything I do.  I still have some post style ones, but the segmented flex base is just more versatile and it the one that stays at the lathe full time.  My only real gripe about any base is when they skimp on the magnet, nothing like seeing one tip over because the mag is too weak.  Hope this helps.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)